All reviews astros game minute maid park convention center great location ball park toyota center discovery green trade show valet parking would definitely stay here again two blocks within walking distance room was clean per day i highly recommend this hotel complimentary breakfast houston downtown
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Check in is at 3:00 pm. Our room was not ready until 5:15 pm. The lobby was full of other guests whose rooms were also not ready. The front desk clerk advised we could not be accommodated and switched to a room in which we could bathe a two year old.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to ensure every guest has a positive, memorable experience and I am sorry to hear we fell short in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. We hope to have an opportunity to better serve you when your travels bring you back.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Very convent to ballpark. Parking outrageous. Smells like a cat slept in room. We had potatoes chip crumbs on floor that cat must not have liked. Once got used to smell, bed great. Probably wouldn’t stay again because cost does not make it a good value.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your arrival experience. While we strive to maintain the highest standards in service and quality, I am very sorry to learn your experience with us was less than satisfactory.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Although I expected a good hotel, I felt like I was staying in a GREAT hotel! Customer service was excellent, accommodations were great, location to our event was perfect, and breakfast was even very good. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful response regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Houston Downtown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our amenities exceeded your expectations. I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Houston.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

This hotel is a good location if you are going to a Astro game it is within walking distance. The Continental breakfast is one of the best. Kids really enjoyed the pool. The staff was amazing from check-in to check-out

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful response regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Houston Downtown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our amenities exceeded your expectations. I hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Houston!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

I took my 84 yr old parents to stay overnight in Houston for an early morning VA Hosp appt. By the time we got to hotel it was 9:15pm. We were all tired & hungry.
Downtown has no FREE parking.
My Dad asked if he could get the hotels shuttle to take us to a nearby restaurant, which they did. Thankfully the driver was still there because he dropped us off at a Closed restaurant. No Problem there was another one that stayed open until midnight. The Driver dropped us off at that place at 9:50pm.
He said "Call the Hotel when you are finished and I'll come back and get you, and bring you back to the hotel."
"GREAT. T.Y."
When we finished I called and asked for the shuttle to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. Their response was
"the shuttle service stopped at 10:00pm."
I said "What? The driver told us to call when we finished eating and he would come bring us back!"
"Sorry"
"Wait a minute. He dropped us off at 9:50pm KNOWING there would be NO WAY BACK for 2 Elderly people in Downtown Houston who are Totally Lost & Abandoned??"
"Call me back in 2 min. let me call my Supervisor and ask if we can come get you"
2 min later I called back.
The Supervisor had said
"No, Sorry! Shuttle Service Stops at 10!"
I can not tell you folks just how "LIVID" I was/am.
After a few moments of PANIC !!!
I collected myself, calmed them down.
Then I ordered an Uber Ride.
My parents had no idea what an Uber was much less , who to call or how to get back to the hotel, even with me there with them. Had I Not been there I would have received a call late at night from my dad who would have been sooo upset,scared,confused and crying.....
And I Would have been 200 MILES AWAY. I can't Even Image the Outcome. My dad can barely walk he shuffles and his balance is questionable. My mother has Alzheimer's she can't remember what happened 2 minutes ago.
They/We were standing on a corner late at night in downtown Houston Lost Alone & ABANDONED BY

Hampton Inn Houston Downtown

yourself and your parents,
Don't stay here, because
THEY , DON'T
CARE ABOUT YOU!!

No one asked for my name, my parents names , our room # or even where we were. They didn't offer any suggestions or attempt to rescue/save us.
Let's just assume for the moment that they Knew who we were , where we were & how to contact us by using the # that I used to call the hotel switchboard from(which to me would have been worse). We Never got a room check or room call all night nor the next morning. In other words They did not care if we made it back or if we were alright.
Maybe They Assume Everyone has a SmartPhone and can fend for themselves. News flash! Not everyone does. Like my small flip phone dad.

Hampton Inn
Downtown Houston
And it's Employees
Should be Ashamed of Themselves for the way they treat the Elderly and
VERY THANKFUL
that my story didn't have
a very different Ending.

This ALL lies on their back.
Other arrangements or Not leaving the Hotel at all would
have been made. We could
have had food delivered and remained safe in our room.

Thanks for Nothing!
Your EX & Never to Return
Guest(HaHaGuest-Really)
Felicia Pulito and Parents
Rm. 512
July 26,2018

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is always our mission to provide a positive, memorable experience for all of our guests and it is clear we have fallen short of our goal in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with our shuttle and customer service. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate hotel teams to ensure these issues were isolated and corrected moving forward. We hope to have an opportunity to better serve you when your travels bring you back.