“Best pies in the country!!!!!”

Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Hico
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Awesome pies, great breakfast and lunch right here folks!!!! Crossroads of 281 and 36!!!!! When riding the hill country, Koffee Kup is a great place to eat!!!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just great tasty comfort food. The cfs and onion rings-especially the onion rings-are some of the best I've ever had. Very reasonably priced. Be warned that the portions are HUGE. My wife and I could have shared a plate.
I was a little shocked to find out they don't serve sweet tea.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice diner - 4*

Seating - 4*

Lunch Menu - 4+* Hamburger was big and good - 9.99$ Onion rings were big, good, but could have used some seasoning.

Parking - 3*

Sweet Tea - 0* Really, NO sweet tea...IN TEXAS?

Price - lunch 4*; Pie 3* $4.99/slice - $18.99/ pie

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Just passing trough stopped for a late lunch, the restaurant was very crowded but was able to find a seat right away. My wife got the chicken fried steak, she loved it and would definitely get it again. I had the 8oz ribeye which was cooked and seasoned to perfection. We will definitely make another trip back.

1  Thank JeremyDeck
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Lunch at the Koffee Kup is like going back in time to a place like Mayberry, where Aunt Bea has just finished frying the chicken and baking the rolls and pies, and is waiting for Sheriff Andy Taylor to come home for supper. We are not strangers to this place, we stop here whenever we are headed that way. My order this day was simple- chicken strips, loaded baked potato and a salad, but when my platter arrived I was shocked! There were four juicy, tender, huge chicken strips that by the crunch must have been double, if not triple, battered! The only thing that was juicier than the chicken was the town gossip that could be overheard from the other tables. Now, I've ordered a "loaded" potato at other places and it comes out with a sprinkling of this and that, but here, I was brought a saucer that had generous helpings of thick, smokey, crisp slab bacon, sharp cheddar cheese, butter and sour cream. The salad was simple, but ice cold with a rich Ranch dressing- delicious! The rolls were heaven sent, steaming with a touch of sweetness, crowned with honey and butter. Sad to say I was too full for pie. I've had it many times and know what I was missing! The chocolate meringue pie must be my grandmother's recipe, dark chocolate that is just sweet enough with a touch bitterness that keeps the sweetness in line. My husband ordered a BLT made with that thick crunchy bacon and he was in hog heaven! Warning- if you are asked if you want a large or small order of onion rings- the small order covers the platter and they are the best thing you ever put in your mouth. So you might want to get the large- everyone at the table will be grabbing them!!