“gotta be more than FIVE”

Shearn's Seafood and Prime Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Shearn's Seafood and Prime Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jones Road
Description: Shearn's Seafood and Prime Steaks is one of only 11 Houston/Galveston area restaurants to receive AAA’s Four Diamond Award of Excellence and has done so each year since 2004. Located on the ninth floor, Shearn's Seafood and Prime Steaks is Galveston's finest restaurant unsurpassed both in cuisine and service with an upscale ambiance. Local Galvestonians flock to this Island oasis (link to Activities & Attractions page) to enjoy the signature dishes of Urs Schmid including his Shrimp Dejong and Lobster Bisque. Open Tuesday through Saturday for Dinner. Dressy Casual attire required. No jeans, shorts, swimwear, cutoffs, tank tops or hats allowed in the dining area. Collared shirts and sandals are acceptable.Shearn's Lounge is the perfect setting for afternoon and evening cocktails surrounded by truly spectacular views of the stunning Pyramids of Moody Gardens and the sunsets over Galveston Bay. Open Tuesday through Saturday in the afternoons. Dressy Casual Attire.
Reviewed 20 August 2017

For someone who have tried all (and I mean all) of the nations top seafood and steakhouses and when I say top Steakhouse meaning a place that you can find in NYC, Houston, Paramus NJ, Chicago, Boston, and to San Francisco Ca. and I mean all over the nation, I tend not to expect so much when trying a new steakhouse. But our family's experience in Shearn's (and moody gardens over al) this past weekend must I say took me by surprise. Let's start with the warm greeting, sincere smile that the host greeted us with, then the welcoming gesture the bar tender/host (Michelle) showed us was just inviting and may I say should be an inspiration, a role model to all service people out there. And here's why, people go to vacation for so many reasons, but mostly because they needed it to recover, to invigorate, and when you're being served by people like Michelle, You'd say "ahhh this is why I chose to come to this place!" Ok, let's go to the Cocktail Drinks that Michelle made us, it was a simple Mojito, but she made us feel like we can only get that Mojito in Shearn's and no other place else, I mean it was the best Mojito I ever had (and I can say that because I've been to places). It is true then that "Sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary, simply by doing them with extraordinary people - Nicholas Sparks ".
Now let's talk about food... wow the steak was phenomenal, cooked exactly how you want it, from the plate's temperature to the actual meal's temperature, texture, timing of serving the main entree from the appetizer, the presentation and let's not forget the fish, flavorful and yet not overpowering, cooked right that the moisture is well preserved and all you taste is freshness... just an extraordinary dinner experience, from a classy and yet non-corporate restaurant. Try it to believe it, and to close this survey, i have to thank the rest of the people that made our experience not just great but one to remember and come back for... the restaurant Manager Mr Perez, Michael, Joshua, and the pianist that made the night magical not just for us but also for all that were there the night of August 17 and August 18 (yes we were there 2 consecutive nights).
And do remember to ask for Michelle's opinion when you happen to sit at the lounge area, her ideas about food and drink are on point.

1  Thank An2nego

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Fantastic view with awesome food. This place is great, service is great as well. We have been to Shearn's many times and have always been pleased. Hope to go again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Amazing food, service and view. Lobster bisque, crab cake, filet and lobster, snapper with crab meat. Kavensar creme brulee. All amazing. Still talking about the experience. Want to try everything on the menu.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Nothing like sitting at the top of the world, enjoying fine wine and food. Spectacular spot to relax with friends, listen to live music and view the fireworks. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank llweid
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I felt like we were on a cruise ship while sitting in the bar waiting for our table. Great margaritAs. On Friday night they had a pianist player that was very good.

Dinner service was outstanding. Very accommodating. We sat for a long time after finishing dinner finishing our bottle of prosecco and telling stories. No one rushed out out and we were the next to last table to leave. Fabulous bisque. We agreed to come back more often. Very relaxing. Not cheap but it is fine dining. We spent over $70 each but it was a very good evening.