“Great Spot!”

Riondo's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Riondo's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$8 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chef Rico prepares fresh pasta, bread, mozzarella cheese and stocks daily. Restaurant is located in the oldest bank building in Texas. Also was one of the first insurance buildings in the country. Riondos Ristorante was named "Best New" restaurant in Galveston County 2015. We offer an exceptional wine list and a full bar. We have a private room for Rehearsal Dinners and Business functions.
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Great space, with equally great food, drinks and service. I highly recommend Riondo's for cocktails, a light bite (great happy hour specials) or for a full meal. The old vault (both doors are still present, but a wall was taken out) is great for small groups and business meetings.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

My sister and I visited Riondo’s for dinner and truly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The restaurant decoration features a fun “Christmas tree” created from wine bottles and sparkling with lights. We ordered carpaccio followed by white bean soup and lasagna. The food was delicious and our flaming Bananas Foster dessert was the yummy cherry on top. My only complaint was that the waiter seemed to hurry us through the meal even though the restaurant was not nearly full. Our soup arrived before the carpaccio was gone. In an effort to fully enjoy the food, I asked that the entrée not arrive until our soup was finished. The waiter technically complied by not bringing the entrée until the soup was done; however, while we were still enjoying our soup, he found it necessary to place the flatware for the entrée. Since we were sitting near a wall and he could not get around my sister, he hovered as she sipped soup until she moved out of the way and sat back for him to set a fork for her. Unnecessary, especially after my request to slow things down. Other than that, I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Our party of eight adults and five kids had lunch there earlier this week. Of all the meals we’ve had in Galveston this trip, that one was my least favorite. My lunch portion of lasagna tasted fine, but at $15 with no salad or side, it was pretty pricy — and tasted no better than Olive Garden or any chain Italian restaurant. I ordered a Caesar salad because I wanted one ($6), and it was good, but that ran my total for just an “okay lunch” over $20 without including a drink. My husband ordered a pork dish from the lunch menu ($14, I believe) and didn’t like it at all. There just wasn’t much in the whole experience to brag about. Parking on the Strand is also an issue, of course, so tack on another $10 for the parking garage. (At least we got to walk around after our meal.) Sorry, Riondo’s — this was our first and last visit. There are too many other, better places to try in Galveston for that same (or less) money.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Delightful atmosphere and delicious food. As a local it is one of my favorite places to eat. The Ravioli and Pannacotta are to die for! Great place for a romantic date

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

What can I say but it felt like family. They showed us the full dining experience. With a great vino selection. Ask about chef specials and tip him. Hes worth every dime!! The servers amazing and very knowledgeable. Foods to DIEEE for!!! Beautiful!!