“Great food!”

Ranked #33 of 328 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Had a big group go there and service was excellent. Ribs were great. I should have went with the grilled shrimp because the fried were good but not the greatest. Bread and butter served before meal. Butter was awesome! Salad was great too. They actually put cheese on it. Definitely would go again.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We visited with friends, drinks were amazing and the service was wonderful. Steak was cooked to perfect.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 28 May 2017

I regret going here for dinner on 5/25/17.
*** I Eat a lot at Saltgrass location in Houston SW Frwy by Gessner, and also the one located in Sugar Land just past the Brazos River and Never was I Disappointed .
They were not busy at 7pm, we were seated within 10 minutes by the Friendly Greeter Staff. From here on thru was a total disaster!
I ordered lg. Sirloin MED. RARE ( RED) - this came out GRAY inside WELL DONE, the Waitress forgot to include my backed potato on the order. My Wife ordered the BBQ Ribs, they came out Totally DRY. Called over the mgr Chris, he got me a Properly Cooked Steak the way I had Ordered it !, My Wife got discusted and didn't want anything else.( they did comp the ribs- Big Deal ) , then the experience got even worse. 1/2 way thru eating my replacement steak, the waitress came over and said thank you and dropped the check off on our table- REALLY ! ( She NEVER said or asked is there anything else you need or to ask us if we even wanted Dessert ) . She just turned her back and walked away. thats when I called the mgr Chris over , and confronted him asking " Is this what you teach your waitstaff" He replied No, that was RUDE" Hell Yeah it was!!!
** BTW; this was a vacation trip with my wife and I for 3 days , it was her Birthday May 23, and our Anniversary upcoming on the 30th, we decided to come down there before the Memorial Day Holiday , when it Wont be Crowded......

So do you think I left any tip ?
Heres a Tip to Saltgrass / Landry's (I am a Club Member )
*** You should Send me a $ 50.00 Gift Card to get the BAD TASTE Out Of My MOUTH !
I was Totally SHOCKED at this Establishment that night and that Location, you ought to be Totally Ashamed at Yourselves!

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

One can always count on excellent food and service at this Salt Grass Steak House. However, tonight's meal was less enjoyable due to the noise level and number of unruly children running wild. Not the restaurant's fault, but good grief, parents, teach your children to behave in better restaurants. If we wanted to watch kids spinning around on the floor and playing chase & scream around your table, we'd save our money and go to McDonalds. Tsk, tsk.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Great food. Service is good . $$$$$ are high . Water view tables . Full bar . Jason is great waiter .