“Acceptable”
Review of Landry's

Landry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I won't criticize the prices because they were neither great nor expensive. Had the costal seafood pasta and the smoked onion butter oysters.
The seafood pasta was good but nothing special. The smoked onion butter oysters were interesting but small and a little dry and over cooked.
Also had a bowl of shrimp and crab gumbo that I found very enjoyable. I don't pretend to be an expert on gumbo I just know that I enjoyed this gumbo. Flavorful with just a hint of heat.
Service was very good and very helpful explaining all our questions without being condescending.
Thought not a 5 a very solid 4.

1  Thank ED B

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Large selection of entrees. The seafood was fresh and very appetizing. I had the Lobster bisque. It was great, but it's a very rich dish. A small cup would suffice. The crab cakes were delicious and full of real crabmeat.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I love Landry's restaurants. I have their frequent diner card and (with the exception of the RF Cafe), they are all very good. But, I think this was an off night. We were seated outside, as requested. They have a non-smoking side that's upwind from the smoking side. Very smart!!!

Something happened with the service. A long time before the waiter came. Then another waiter came and said it wasn't his table but he'd get us started. Long time for drinks - simple stuff, two glasses of wine. Slow to take the order and bring the second round of wine.

Food was great as always. But ... I didn't get my rewards point and had to go back a couple days later to ask the manager about it. He sent a note to corporate. So far, no points. So sad.

But, I'll give them another try. They others are always 4-5 stars.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Nice seafood restaurant on the Galveston seawall. Comfortable atmosphere with a view of the Gulf. Food and service are very good.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Shrimp scampi was delicious, large shrimp. Salads crisp and fresh. Warm bread and excellent service. Waiter was attentive while not hovering. HIghly recommend this long-time favorite.