“Love the ocean view & the laid back atmosphere!”

Nick's Kitchen and Beach Bar
Ranked #26 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Nick's is right next door to Gaido's and both restaurants have the same owner. While Gaido's is upscale and pricey with excellent seafood, Nick's is laid back, low key, moderately priced & has excellent seafood as well. My family and I travel to Galveston 5 - 6 times per year and we always make sure to stop at Nick's for fresh seafood with a beautiful ocean view. In addition, Nick's is very kid friendly, while Gaido's is more of a romantic candlelight dinner location.

1  Thank Tricia G

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had gone on a Duck Boat ride with tour of Galveston and Gaido's was mentioned to be the oldest place to eat in the city. It seemed a bit upscale for my 5 year old so we decided on Nick's. Nick's is owned by the same family and the buildings are connected. It's right on Seawall Blvd. so we sat outside to see and hear the ocean as we dined. The service was exceptional. The food was the best we had all week. Moderately priced. I was disappointed because it was our last night in town. I would have chosen this place to eat again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Took my wife and friend to lunch. My wife had a great steak, i had Buffalo Shrimp and my friend had a huge salad. Everyone loved it!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Went last night with family when we came down before our cruise. Our server was a nice guy. There was a live band playing outside which was fun. The food was okay. 3 of us ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp. It had this very bitter, sweet molasses on it. That was very unpleasant. The shrimp was cooked well, and the bacon was crisp, but the funky cheese and butter sauce ruined it.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Delicious food--homemade bread was awesome! Friendly wait staff. Casual dining with clothe napkins--loved it!