“Excellent food and service!”
Review of Cajun Greek

Cajun Greek
Ranked #16 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Description: Our mouth-watering seafood comes fresh from the Gulf and is seasoned w/ Cajun flair & served w/ your Greek favorites. Galveston Local's Favorite!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are in Galveston - particularly if you are at Moody Gardens as it's only 1.6 miles - get along to the Cajun Greek on 61st - food is excellent quality and service to match. Relaxed, informal atmosphere but food came out quick despite being very busy. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate here for a third time. I always order the chicken po boy and my past two experiences have resulted in a sandwich with very little sauce. The last time I asked for more and was told it was more. This time I asked for extra and the sandwich was dry. There was no sauce at all. I don't understand why I have trouble getting sauce on the sandwich. The waiter did bring out sauce for me. The next time, I will ask for it on the side and see if that solves the problem.

My husband had a blackened Oyster po boy and it was good. They are a little skimpy on the fries. If you are paying $17.99 for a sandwich, it would be nice to have more than a handful of fries.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

In the mood for fresh seafood and a Greek salad so this seemed right place. Reviews were good but right away sat at the bar with few customers (7:30 pm) and was ignored by bartender for 5 minutes. Finally asked her if we should order through waitress or her and she said "me" then ignored us another 5 minutes.
We discussed leaving but my friend suggested we just move to a table. Bartender was very pleased we were moving and as we tried to carry our beers, menus, silverware and with the water glasses still there she said, please take the water glasses too. Take all your stuff with you.
Soooo anyway... we ordered crab cakes (thst were more cake than crab), a greek salad made with iceberg lettuce! for $20, and a fillet of sea bass that was less than a quarter inch thick and had been overcooked so badly the edges curled up). At this point it looked like we would need lots of beer to rescue the evening. Our final tab for 2 (sharing a salad)??? $80 + $10 for beers and I left a $20 tip. Iow, $110.00 for a meal only memorable because it was so bad.
Later a Galvie native advised us not to patronize seawall restaurants because they they are all tourist traps and dont need to excel to have customers.
Next day we went to Katie's market at the docks and bought still flapping red snapper fresh off the boat, they asked how we would cook it and filleted it at no charge for the method we chose (broiled)
Then we hit the Kroger for organic veggies and had an amazing meal
Not to make a total loss, we created a drink called the "reamer" in honor of the restaurant that reamed us so badly. Its pictured. It has vodka, lemonade, mint, chambord and raspberries, yum yum. Dont eat at cajun greek restaurant, even if you're starving and want to throw money away too.

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 12 June 2018

My friends and I were looking for a good place to have lunch after touring Galveston and we decided to give it a try. Food was good, good flavor and at reasonable price. The atmosphere was casual and place gets really busy.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The food was absolutely wonderful!!! Everyone was extermely friendly and our service was wonderful as well, I did not even really want to leave the place becasue my family was enjoying their selves so much! This is a must try place when you come to Galveston!