“Huge lobster, cooked terribly not once but twice”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Indulge in the Island's finest, award-winning cuisine at The Steakhouse, featuring USDA Midwest grain-fed beef, live Maine lobster and an award-winning wine list. Recipient of the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award(R) since 2004 and selected as one of the "Top Ten Texas Steakhouses" by food critic Tom Horan, The Steakhouse is an extraordinary dining experience for any connoisseur. The Steakhouse was also voted Best Steakhouse on the Coast by Texas Monthly magazine and "Best Place for Steak" by readers of the Galveston Daily News.
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Spent over $300 on dinner for my husband and my self not including drinks. The lobsters were huge but cooked terribly not once but twice. Steaks were over done. Spinach was tasteless. Very disappointing!!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious, and our server, Joe, was top notch :-) We started with Oysters Rockefeller. Wow! My husband had the bone in ribeye w/oscar topping and a side of parmesan creamed spinach (we ended up splitting that dish). I had the snapper filet with crab topping. Yummo! The macadamia nut bread pudding dessert was some of the best we’ve ever had! And for an anniversary “gift” they gave us cheesecake. Ohhhh Soooo Good!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We frequently visit the San Luis on our trips to Galveston. We really enjoy the Steakhouse. We failed to make reservations this trip and sat in the bar. The staff was accommodating and the food was outstanding. We enjoyed two lovely bottles of wine. I highly recommend the risotto pasta as a side dish. It is simply amazing! Thank you again for another wonderful evening!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

J.J. really treated us well - I highly recommend for food and atmosphere! Best crab cakes my hubby and I have ever had - great rib eye, great brussel sprouts and finished up with chocolate souffle - Absolutely recommend!

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The manager sent a complimentary anniversary cheesecake with fresh fruit and a chocolate message. we still had to have the grand marnier sauce!! 100% delicious.