“The best meal there so far”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 322 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Indulge in the Island's finest, award-winning cuisine at The Steakhouse, featuring USDA Midwest grain-fed beef, live Maine lobster and an award-winning wine list. Recipient of the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award(R) since 2004 and selected as one of the "Top Ten Texas Steakhouses" by food critic Tom Horan, The Steakhouse is an extraordinary dining experience for any connoisseur. The Steakhouse was also voted Best Steakhouse on the Coast by Texas Monthly magazine and "Best Place for Steak" by readers of the Galveston Daily News.
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This visit to the steakhouse at the San Luis was by far the best yet, and they had to go above and beyond to top some of our previous visits. My husband had the salad that was on special, which consisted of a soft shell crab and a decadent salad. He said it was one of the best soft shell crabs he'd ever had. I started with the French onion soup, which was spectacular as always.

For the main course, my husband had the founder special stuffed with blue crab and topped with three blackenef gulf shrimp, The Flounder was spectacular, I'm not a big flounder fan and I would have happily eaten the entire plate. This was the best flounder I've ever had. I had the prime filet medium, which was cooked to perfection.

I can't say enough about how wonderful everything was that night, from the service JJ provided, to the food, to the absolutely spectacular hosting skills of Jean Paul. They also had crab claws that night which I would highly recommend anyone try as an appetizer or a main course. We took a cheesecake home at the end of the night, and it was also delicious. We have had a couple off nights at The Steakhouse, but 9 out of 10 times everything is wonderful and that night it was spectacular. I think this may be one of the best meals we have ever been served.

We generally go in right around opening, and ask for one of the booths that's not in the piano bar, it's a large booth and the setting is very romantic. If you like Spanish wine, we also recommend you try the Valduero. Also, ask for JJ is your server, and you will not be disappointed.

Thank John and Desire... C

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Hosted a business dinner with 10 people and the restaurant was exceptional. Seafood appetizer was as good as any i have ever had. The Steaks were amazing and all my guest were blown away with how wonderful the meal was. Love the restaurant and I have been coming here for years for an annual conference. I always make it here for at least one dinner. This is as good as any steak house in the country

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Very nice environment for my family. A little nicer than the usual family restaurant. We loved the junk fries. My daughter enjoyed her filet mignon. I like that they have this choice, not too casual.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Prime Beef - Perfect Seafood
Superb Appetizers - Delectable Desserts
Amazing Service

Is there anything more to say? Yes there is!
The Steakhouse at The San Luis is without a doubt the very best value available on The Island.

1  Thank criticalchristopher
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We ate breakfast here every day - the weekend buffet was especially good. Also great chicken soup - we stayed a number of extra days while my dad was in the hospital and my Mom became addicted. The staff was lovely.