“Will Go Back”
Review of Porch Cafe

Porch Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Porch Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our food, like the Island itself, is meant to be fun, casual and not over complicated — simple, fresh ingredients served in an imaginative and creative way. Whether our carefully sourced Gulf Coast seafood or our delectable Wagyu Texas beef, our seasonal menus maximize the pleasure that is ‘a simple life by the sea’
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We were staying at Galvestonian and Porch Cafe is in walking distance from it. We first visited on Friday night. It was just my daughter and I. We called and were told didn't need a reservation. Once there, we were promptly seated. Soon after our waiter took our drink orders and brought us a plate of hot and fresh bread. We chose our entrees and didn't order any appetizer (the bread was a great appetizer!). The ambience was great and I was enjoying my glass of wine. So I didn't mind but for my 14-year-old more than an hour of wait for the food was too much. She kept asking "when are they bringing our food?" She was right. It took them for ever to serve our food. My daughter ordered their pork and I ordered their flounder. They were both big portions and delicious. Except that my fish had too many fish bones to deal with. Next night we went back with a family of four. This time our food was served on a timely manner. It was our friend's birthday so they brought her a piece of bread pudding brcause they were out of their chocolate cake (and this was late afternoon/early evening). That was nice but don't expect anyone to sing you Birthday song like some restaurants do. Overall we had a good experience and will go back when visiting Galveston again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I found this place on Groupon and came here on a whim. Needless to say we were not disappointed. It was probably one of the best meals we have ever had in our entire life. My fiancé got the cajun pasta and I got the peach bourbon pork chops with sweet potato mash and lemon asparagus. They were both unbelievable dishes and we kept on scraping each other's plates to try to get just one more bite. Everything with expertly made and the porkchops were cooked to perfection! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place!! We are planning to go here at least three more times during our visit to Galveston! You have to check this place out!!

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Service was superior in our nice table on the porch with a peak of the Ocean between the $million dollar plus homes
Filet and Red fish and the fantastic fried green tomatoes with a nice Pinot were memorable

Make reservations but not always needed

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Was looking for a relaxing dinner, didn't find it. This was a very upscale restaurant, pricey also. Not that kid friendly, the mac 'n cheese was delicious but spicy for a kid, we ordered a 2nd dinner of buttered noodles ($7) for the kid. The service was fine, but we felt the portions were small for the prices. Been there, tried it...probably won't be back.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

The food was excellent - stuffed flounder, wedge salad and shrimp! Service a little slow, but very friendly staff!