“Dinner the night before a cruise”
Review of The Spot

The Spot
Ranked #35 of 325 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We decided to come to Galveston on Sunday the day before a Monday cruise to keep from driving in Houston traffic. I can see where the set up may be a bit confusing for some. I had been here one other time so kind of new. The food was pretty good as it was before and plentiful.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,359)

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Galveston the night before our cruise left. We arrived around 7pm and the dining options are limited at that time.

We wanted something we couldn’t eat in Dallas and decided on The Spot. Like several previous reviewers stated it is hard to figure out where to go and the menu being at the door then having to find where you want to order is a bit disorganized. We had Chase take our order and he was very friendly and outgoing.

The multiple beepers was weird. One for the chips & salsa that were “delivered to us” (not that great) and then one for the rest of our meal that we had to go get ourselves.

Kids meals were good, fish & chips was ok (a bit over fried) and the ribeye sandwich had to be sent back. Was ordered medium but came out rare. They didn’t give any attitude when we asked for it to be re cooked and someone even came back and checked on us when they had to do that.

Watching the staff interact it’s clear that organization is not their strong suit. The place was only about half full so I’m curious to see what it’s like when it’s jam packed.

All in all - the decor is unique, the staff is friendly. It didn’t wow us but it wasn’t horrible either. I like to think I’d go back now that I know what to expect.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Dinner with the wife on a Monday night. It’s a bit confusing on where to go in if you don’t know the place as there’s four different restaurants in the complex. Once we entered there’s just an empty hostess stand and a little sign that says how to order. Kind of weird, but ok. Take the menu up to the counter and there’s a happy employee ready to take our order. I ordered fish and chips and a beer. I get two different beepers to take to my table. One for the beer and the other to come pick up my order at the counter. Then my wife has to take the menus back to the hostess stand out front. I can tell that this system is too complicated. Find a table. Guy brings my beer and picks up one beeper. The frosted mug was nice and cold, but they don’t have coasters for drinks. So, the mug sweats and gets all over the tablecloth and drips on you if you don’t pay attention. Waited about 20 minutes and went to get my food. Wife waited another 10 minutes for her chicken Caesar salad which was really good. I should’ve ordered it. Fish and chips were not the best tasting. Very bland and little flavor. I always use malt vinegar on fish and it helped the taste a little bit. It just was ‘ok’. Cole slaw was literally one bite in a little black cup and was probably the worst slaw I’ve ever eaten. I know slaw, ok? This was just awful. No mayo or sauce, just lettuce and carrot sticks it looked like. Weak.. The staff was friendly but this place would do better if it was set up like a regular restaurant with wait staff, hostess, order at the table etc. Kind of a let down as we thought it would be better. The wife liked it, so I guess that’s all that matters .

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Was very tempted to try this place due to the crowds on a chilly day. A variety of food offerings were tempting. Very big on Fried food and large portions. We opted for chicken nachos which were very good. Slow service in the bar area. In walking around checking the place out we visited the pickup counter near the kitchen. This place serves the most beautiful assortments of burgers that looked to die for. We know what to order when we return.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Great food and service at the bar by Celeste at squeeze! Multiple bars and tvs to watch football on the weekends