“Delicious and fun!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

So much food and sooooo good! We ate our weight in Cajun seafood! Flounder delicious, 3 pound crawfish wonderful, crawfish etoufee yummy, and lots of shrimp! So good. We stop here every time we’re on vacation! Service was fantastic.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (743)

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

I got the Cajun shrimp and thought it was absolutely delicious! So fun to eat outside with the ocean breeze

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021

This was a spur of the moment stop. It did not disappoint. Neighborhood feel ,good fresh food.Crisp tender fried fish and shrimp. Very good hush puppies.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 23 April 2021

I don’t normally write a restaurant review unless the food and/or service is particularly awful and Benno’s food definitely qualifies. I was charged $20 for 2 of the worst-tasting crab cakes I have ever eaten. I am not even sure they could be called crab cakes because I could find no evidence they had ever even come near a crab, except for a couple of pieces of broken shell my teeth ran into. I have never seen anything like them. The inside was a gooey mess that consisted almost entirely of breading. The consistency inside was a lot like play dough and I could not discern even a slight crab flavor. I left them uneaten on my plate (no desire for a doggy bag). If it weren’t for the French fries and tolerable hush puppies, I would have starved. My companion ordered an oyster poor-boy and she also hated it. Unless you like paying lots of money to eat French fries, avoid this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

We were part of a large group for dinner. We ordered the seafood platter, it was ok. Had a fish, 3 oysters, 4 butterfly shrimp with cole slaw, fries & hushpuppy. But the best was the keylime pie. Tart with a light gramcracker crust but had meringue topping. Thats was a new way for me I don't care for it but this one was really good. Not a sticky sweet goo topping thst meringue usually is.

Date of visit: April 2021