“Benno's on the Beach - for The Best Cajun Seafood on the island!”

Benno's on the Beach
Ranked #50 of 322 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Looking for fresh local seafood and a casual beachfront atmosphere? Benno's on the Beach has both! Our menu offers a variety of Cajun grilled, golden fried, and hot boiled entrees. Dine in or take out today.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Benno's is what I am proud to call my "home away from home" - when you want delicious Cajun Seafood and you're too tired or too lazy to cook it, Benno's is the perfect solution. As an Islander, I can be as picky as i want when it comes to my seafood and I pick Benno's! The lunch specials are fabulous - my personal favorite is the Cajun Grilled Oysters, but, I can honestly say I have tried everything on the menu and every special and I love everything I've ever tried!! You order at the counter, pay, they give you a number and bring your food when it's ready - there's a lovely patio overlooking the Gulf of Mexico and Cajun Music in the background. The staff are friendly and nice and will bring you refills on your beverages and sauces! You can't go wrong with any selection on the menu AND you do not want to miss trying some of the specialty dishes like Jambalaya or the Red Beans and Rice - AND - even if you don't have room, do NOT leave without a HUGE hunk of that delicious Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce. You will fall in love all over again. You get what you pay for, so don't expect fast food prices - expect a FABULOUS meal and go away happy!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Very casual. Was recommended to us from folks back home. Went here our first day and great staff. Patio was closed but went back a few days later and sat on the big patio overlooking the beach. Had the fish filet and shrimp platter once day and the gumbo the next visit. the pork cracklings are served right to your table still popping! fair prices for the portion you get. Went twice.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Awesome location with ocean view! Service is great too! The fried shrimp & oysters were awesome but pricey! The crawfish were small and WAY overpriced!

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Was walking the seawall road with my wife when we wanted to stop for some lunch. Benno’s was right in view and perfectly timed to our walk. We walked in and it was very spacious with plenty of tables inside and at the outdoor seating area. You order from the counter. My wife had the fried seafood platter (shrimp, crab balls, fried oysters, fried fish, slaw, and fries) and I ordered the 3lb crawfish platter. The fried seafood was well breaded and delicious. The crawfish was well seasoned and came with corn and potatoes. We enjoyed our meal. The only ding was that it was a bit pricier than I would have thought. We spent $60 for lunch for 2 meals and 2 sodas.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I always get the same thing here. The whole grilled flounder. It takes some time to make, 20 min but oh, so worth it! We got there late at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night. The place was packed but we got served quickly. We split the flounder meal and it was certainly enough for two people. My friend had never been there and I was so glad he thought it was as wonderful as I do! We drove the hour to where we were staying for the weekend only to discover my purse was missing. We suspected I had left it at the restaurant. We called (it was after closing time), the phone was answered and I was told my purse was in the office. I told them we were an hour away and we would be there in the morning. I said I would put a hold on my credit cards. The gentleman said I was welcome to do so but that all would be well. When I asked his name he told me he was "Benno"!!! I had seen an older man with a cane when we were there and the employees seemed to jump when he said something. I don't know if that was Benno but I can tell you that the owner cares a lot about this place. His food is scrumptious and he is a man of integrity. To me, that means so much these days where customer service is an afterthought!!!! Please visit Benno and try the flounder! It's amazing as is the boudin!! Thank you Benno for you hospitality! I will be back and bringing friends!!!