“Great!”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Nice place to get po'boys. We shared a cat fish po'boy and it was great. My husband also had the gumbo, which he said was terrific. Friendly service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

After a long day of playing in The Gulf of Mexico, we stumbled upon this treasure of a restaurant. My two sons were

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Food was beyond amazing. Everything we ordered was amazing. Service was very fast and friendly. Very reasonable priced. Would recommend this place!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2018

This is a great, casual seafood restaurant for locals and tourists. At one time, it was rated among the top ten restaurants in Galveston. They have very good fried shrimp, but for me, their catfish is the best!! A nice variety to choose from on their menu. For tourists, this restaurant is a bit off the beaten path, but worth the time to find it.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

They say that the location of a restaurant is critical to success. This place doesn’t support that rule. You don’t accidentally drive by it, and it isn’t near the tourist areas. The exterior isn’t grand, and the name isn’t exactly inspiring. It is just good food in a clean space, with good service and fair price. If you like fried seafood, isn’t that what you really want?
I may not get to this place more than once a year, so I want plenty of fried delicious when I am here. For me, that means the platter - four nice sized shrimp, four very fresh oysters, shrimp balls (AKA hand grenades of yummy), an ample fish filet, hush puppies, and two sides. Rather than the French fries, I like the boiled potatoes and the Cole slaw sides.