“Good food”

Ranked #48 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located across the street from Pleasure Pier, break away from the beach and enjoy fresh fare on the most popular beachfront balcony on the Seawall in Galveston. Fish Tales specializes in seafood straight from the Gulf of Mexico, as well as pastas, steaks, salads and more. Start with our famous Shrimp Kisses - bacon-wrapped and stuffed with jalapeno Jack cheese. Then savor Galveston seafood by trying one of our signature dishes like Fresh Catch Redfish, Fried Shrimp, Blackened Stuffed Catfish Etouffée or Succulent Snow Crab Legs. After an incredible meal, indulge in our large assortment of ice cream and desserts that will satisfy any sweet tooth! Fish Tales in Galveston is open daily for lunch and dinner with great happy specials including beers & cocktails.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The waiter was slow as Christmas but the food was good, they ran out of ice cream which was odd. The food was good as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Leaving with sad faces on the family. Gumbo was a Gumb-no (I make 10x better at home) kids burgers were microwaved. Seriously??? Ordered the mac daddy appetizer($25) was zero presentation and very skimpy. The service was iffy. I was excited for our pre cruise dinner and was hoping for a great time and excellent dinner for the price. Received neither. My husbands po boy bread was so hard the entire roll broke apart after one bite. Sad. Thanks Fish tales for an amazing dinner full of family memories.

1  Thank Lesley J
Reviewed 22 September 2017

well - they were huge for a single scoop, and great quality chocolate as well, if you fancy one near the pier you wont go far wrong for the money

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I love to try new places for happy hour. It's a great way to experience a restaurant without spending a lot of money. I really enjoyed Fish Tales, even though I have heard it was not that great. I went on Monday evening, when happy hour is all night. The frozen strawberry daiquiri was yummy! I chose two appetizers over the course of the evening, the bacon bombs and New Orleans shrimp. The New Orleans shrimp was by far my favorite. The lovely ocean breeze made the upstairs patio a very pleasant place for a cool fruity drink and a tasty snack.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to use by our Uber driver and I'm glad we went. It was very casual and laid back with GREAT patio seating.

The drink menu was very beach-y and fun.

I had the seared ahi tuna and it was wonderful. My friend had the fish n chips and loved it. Both were perfectly light and flavorful.

Definitely would go again.