“Decent food. Tight seating. ”

Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 318 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There is ample parking across the street. Nice looking dessert display. They have high chairs for kids. Preferable to sit in the back if you have small children because the seating is close quarters. Oddly enough there is still a working pay phone in the restaurant. The wait staff was friendly. St Arnold IPA is decent on draft. Not a lot of local beers on draft though. Spinach artichoke dip was ok. Spaghetti and meat balls was filling but I asked them to spice it up some which was the right call. I’d avoid the Italian almond cake made in house. Go with the cannoli. The gelato looked great and I should have tried that.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you John for the great review and details of your visit. We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our waiter Julian was the best! I half to say their food was top of the line! If you come to Galveston make it a half to go eat place in your travels! We came in for the Lonestar Rally and have eaten at several restaurants and this place was the BEST!

Thank you so much, Mary, for the excellent review! We're so glad you stopped in to join us during Lone Star Rally weekend and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My best friend from medical school and I were in Galveston for a school reunion and went to Mario's because it was, in its earlier iteration as a pizza parlor, one of our regular haunts. We were not disappointed. Our waiter, Julian, was extremely helpful and attentive with our dinner order and our wine choice. Everything was perfectly prepared and the portions were plenty for two (we shared a salad and a pizza). We will definitely return the next time we're in Galveston.

Thank you so much, Nancy, for the excellent review! So glad you returned to visit one of your old haunts and that Julian took such good care of you. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Galveston!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Monday October 16, 2017: Really great place to eat. Nice portions, great food and really cool waitress! Shaynna is the best!!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much, Edwin, for the excellent rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Shaynna. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading a lot of reviews on this place, my husband and I ate there during our recent trip to Galveston. While the food was good, I don't think it was as great as everyone else on here thought it was. My husbands lasagna was dry and looked like it was from the end of the pan. He said it tasted fine though. I had the Shrimp Francese, which was delicious, but I bit into a big lemon seed that hadn't been strained out when they added the lemon juice to the sauce. Tiny complaints, but I expected a little more from this place. I still rate it very good though as Angela, our server did a great job taking care of us. Highly recommend the Seafood Cheese Dip. I could have made a meal on that alone. It was delicious!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review. We value and appreciate our diners' input. We will certainly pass along your kind words to Angela and we hope that the next time you're in Galveston, you'll come see us again!