“Marios Seawall Restaurant”

Ranked #10 of 322 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tucked away in the thick of seafood restaurants, you will find all the romance, fun and tradition of Italy with a Texas-size seaside view to compliment the richness of Mario's Seawall's pastas and pizzas. Experience authentic Italian cuisine at its finest, in Galveston's oldest Italian restaurant.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

After reading a lot of reviews on this place, my husband and I ate there during our recent trip to Galveston. While the food was good, I don't think it was as great as everyone else on here thought it was. My husbands lasagna was dry and looked like it was from the end of the pan. He said it tasted fine though. I had the Shrimp Francese, which was delicious, but I bit into a big lemon seed that hadn't been strained out when they added the lemon juice to the sauce. Tiny complaints, but I expected a little more from this place. I still rate it very good though as Angela, our server did a great job taking care of us. Highly recommend the Seafood Cheese Dip. I could have made a meal on that alone. It was delicious!

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review. We value and appreciate our diners' input. We will certainly pass along your kind words to Angela and we hope that the next time you're in Galveston, you'll come see us again!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome! The atmosphere was welcoming and the staff very great. Our waiter Steven was very attentive without smothering us. He answered all our questions in a friendly manner and made some great recommendations. I am allergic to seafood but wanted my mom to have some really fresh seafood as we were by the gulf. She loved her shrimp and I loved my salad and amazing chicken soup. A little bit of gelato to finish it off! We had a great meal without feeling weighted down.

1  Thank Charlotte's T
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much for this excellent rating and for sharing the details of your visit. We're happy to heat that you both enjoyed your dinner with us and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Steven. We hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We went for dinner on Thursday, Oct 12th, we ordered Spaghetti w. Meatballs, and a Citrus Salad, both were delcious. Julian was our excellent waiter,

we liked the food, atmosphere and service so much that we came back the next day with friends on Friday, Oct 13th.

Julian was our server again, he remembered the wine I had the day before
We had Lasagna & Pizza Margherita, another delicious meal

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We had a good meal here with good service.
Although we didn't appreciate being sat near the kitchens and toilets, it is a good, solid Italian.
Michael, Nottingham.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you Michael, for taking time to submit a review and leave your feedback. While we appreciate the great rating and comments, could you please confirm for me which location you visited? There are other similarly named restaurants on the island and since we don't have any seating near our bathrooms, we think you may not have dined with us. Thanks, Karla, karla@galvestonrestaurantgroup.com

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I wanted a pizza with a whole wheat crust, topped with tomatoes, eggplant, mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers, onions and no cheese. They didn’t disappoint. Best WFPB pizza I ever had. My wife had the penne del Sol. She said it was delicious. She had a piece of their home made Italian Cream cake - said it was the best she ever had. Service was great. Julian was very helpful.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Mario's Seawall Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We're so glad we could provide exactly the pizza you were craving and happy to hear your wife enjoyed her dish as well. We'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Julian. Come see us again soon!