“Great food your way!”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed 4 October 2017

This place was recommended to me and it did not disappoint. The food was fantastic but pricey. It wasn't until after our first visit did we find out that it is actually 3 restaurants, all with the same owner and name. There is the high end, elegant dining, a sandwich shop, and a diner that is very casual. All have heavenly food, but at different price points. It is not a place to miss if you are going to Galveston!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,817)

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Was in galveston for a short trip and looking for good seafood near our hotel. We got lucky with Gaido,s. A little more then we wanted to spend but the meals were very good. If you have room for dessert go for it! Key lime or pecan pie!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I lived in Galveston in the early 80's and visited Gaido's often. But I have not been to Gaido's in over 20 years. It was my husband's first visit. We had the swordfish. It was excellent! Our server was Elena and she was both helpful and delightful. For dessert, I had the key lime pie and my husband had the pecan crunch. So very good! And the atmosphere was so peaceful and enjoyable. I think that the thing that struck me the most was that it seemed like nothing has changed over the last 35 years. Some things are timeless and Gaido's is on of those.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Best friend and I went there Saturday afternoon - decided to simply order appetizers (and skip the potatoes, etc.). Started with a dozen raw oysters, fresh, large, delicious. Then we ordered a 'cup' of gumbo (which is actually a small bowl, not simply a cup). Then we ordered crab cake. Everything was wonderful.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I had an awesome experience at this restaurant from my great waiter who was a really professional young man from Colorado (totally forgot his name), to my delicious food! I had the crawfish asiago. It was mouthwatering. The sauce was so creamy that it melts in your mouth with perfect seasoning and flavor! But before I got my entree I had calamari which was perfection,it was very tender. And the bread with the best olive oil and herbs I have ever had,had me excited for my dinner. I loved the olive oil so much I ask the staff for the name and they were nice enough to bring the bottle from the back and allowed me to take a picture of it because I'll never cook with any other brand. Bottom line if you don't miss this spot while in town. And the price for anything on that menu is 100% worth every penny!