“Local Place Could be in New Orleans ”

Black Pearl Oyster Bar and Grille
Ranked #24 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Their oysters are the best in Galveston. Small place, no reservations. Menu is mixed Galveston and Cajun. Full bar. Nice environment, reminiscent of the French Quarter. Gumbo is excellent. Service is friendly.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

If I were a local, I'd be here all the time. Good neighborhood restaurant. I was here with a family group of nine. We started with oysters, both raw and Rockefeller. All delicious. I chose the crab and shrimp cakes, which were delicious. Others had the shrimp diavolo, shrimp poor boy, gumbo, oyster bisque. I had the bread pudding, which was an ample portion, and very tasty. The only slight problem we had was the gumbo, which arrived a little cool. Overall, a good meal, appropriately attentive staff, and pleasant surroundings. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is right down the street from the cruise port-great location for cruisers. We had lunch, it was good but I think dinner would probably be better. A little more breading on our food than we like. That is probably just personal preference though so I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. The staff is really friendly so that’s a big plus.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

As a Galveston native, a seafood restaurant has to be outstanding for me to make a second trip. Black Pearl is my most-visited local restaurant ( not saying it's the absolute best in town, but the combination of food, price and convenience put it in the sweet spot) and one of those places with a dish you just can't get enough of. All the grilled items are good, but the Black Pearl poor boy--shrimp or oysters fried and tossed in buffalo-style sauce, then topped with blue cheese--is amazing. Best onion rings in town. Service ranges from slow to absurdly slow, so allot plenty of time. It's worth it.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Family and I dropped in for supper. Can’t wait to come back. The best and freshest raw oysters I’ve ever had, followed by amazing crab cakes with spicy butter, fried crawfish and etiuffe, blackened red snapper. Everything amazingly fresh, cooked to perfection, not heavy or greasy at all. I live in Houston, an hour away, and this place is definitely worth a drive down.