“Solid lunch selection”

Get food delivered
Ranked #65 of 258 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With a relaxed, sportscentric atmosphere, a seemingly endless assortment of local, craft and import beers, and an inventive menu of American tavern fare, Brick House Tavern + Tap offers guests a truly next generation "gastro pub" experience. Its flavors and ambiance can be enjoyed at 24 locations spread across the nation.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lunch at the Brick House was not planned, but once it started raining we headed for the nearest restaurant with a view. This place did not disappoint. Nice variety of beers made me very happy. My wife had a ranch water which was a little less sweet than she likes. The bartender immediately obliged by adding some agave nectar and that did the trick. As far as food goes, my wife got the chicken pot pie and that was perfect for a rainy day. I had the fish and chips which were about as good as fish and chips can be. No complaints whatsoever and plenty of food to be sure.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (383)

Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

We walked into this almost empty restaurant we were told the wait would be substantial , meanwhile local after local walked in and just sat down and were cheerfully served. Finally after I commented that if we waited much longer the place would be full we were seated. 20 minutes for a menu then another 20 to place an order . Amazingly a plate of calamari and a rack and a half of ribs came out long before an ice tea and single draft beer .Was the took great ? No about like an Applebee's , was the view good ? Well I could see the Gulf of Mexico Was my beer cold ? Not really.Would I come back. NFW .

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 9 April 2021

Terrible service, the restaurant was empty and the waitress never take or drink and give us a terrible service
Food very well
Not recommend by the service

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

I would give 0 stars if they let me. Terrible customer service. I can't rate the food as they literally told us they "didn't want to wait on a table of 8" when there were plenty of empty tables (two of which seat at least 10 people) albeit they needed to be cleaned off. We didn't stay. The manager and staff were rude and we will never try this place again.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

Called for a reservation and was told they are full. Went in person and saw plenty of empty tables. The hostess said they only have 1 server and cannot get us (a family of 3) in. Strange for a big restaurant like this. I don’t think we will try again.

Date of visit: March 2021