“My favorite place in Galveston”

Brick House Tavern + Tap
Ranked #54 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We stopped in for an early dinner one evening and I was greeted by a fantastic surprise. This place is outstanding. Everyone ordered something different in cuisine which was nice; good selection. The beer was good and the proper temperature for what I ordered (and this is rare in any restaurant anymore) and the price was more than fair. Then came my appetizer....Duck Wings. There are no words to describe how good these are.

I'm not sure when I will be in Galveston again but rest assured The Brick House WILL be on my list of places to go.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Came for July 4th weekend, and this seemed like the happening place to be. Custom beer, great wings and chips, and had the meat and cheese plate. Didn't have room for the main dish. Joel was our waiter, and he was so friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I ordered a filet mignonette salad to split and they perfectly assembled it on 2 separate plates. The menu says 710 calories for the whole salad so they were a great size for lunch. Very friendly service. Great view of the beach. Just had to be a little careful that the lettuce leaves didn't fly off our forks on the way to our mouths! But totally worth the effort!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

The brick house is your typical sports bar chain. I walked in and the air felt like it was broken and the floor was slippery. My main purpose of the visit was to watch the college world series. It was a great location for sports but otherwise very underwhelimg with expensive drinks compared to other island places.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. Place has the best seating - sofas!! Food was great and big portions. Service was okay, slow for the amount of staff and only three seated tables.