“Great Milkshakes.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We stopped in here mid afternoon because we spotted the retro look and sign, because we love retro things. We had milkshakes that were fabulous, loved sitting at the counter, and the service was prompt and friendly. This place also serves regular food and has a gift shop. A fun experience with good ice cream.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We went for breakfast. It was good, nothing overly special. The service was good, quick, and the place is cute. Need to go back to try lunch...

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We visit Star every year when we go to Galveston. We have always been on a Sunday morning and recommend getting there when they open so that you can get seated right away.

The restaurant is really neat and the food is great. Very close to all the shops at the Strand!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We had one hour to find a place to eat before we boarded our Carnival Fun Ship. I told my group that we should just drive through a place and eat on the go. I'm so glad we didn't do that. We turned the corner and there was this little gem. A good ole' fashioned drug store. We got there right when it was opening so we got seated fairly quickly. After we all ordered coffee and our food, it took maybe 10 minutes before we were chowing down. Yummy food, but no one from our group ordered anything good for you. It was all sort of greasy (but isn't a yummy fried egg supposed to be?) but we got yummy toast to go along with it. The bacon was extra crispy and delicious!

We paid our bill and found our parking spot to head for the Carnival terminal all with 15 minutes to spare! That's what I call convenient! For the wonderful price, it is well worth it. We will be sure to make this our usual before each cruise we go to from now on.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We tried to go to this place because of the great reviews. Attempted breakfast on a late Sunday morning and didn't want to wait. It was packed! Went back on Monday morning and got in with no problem. The place was busy but not packed like before. We sat at the bar and the tables quickly cleared out afterwards only to fill back up as we sat. So it was steady busy.
We ordered omelets. Food was slow to come out. Sitting at the bar we could see the cooks in action and understand why they were so slow. The cooking area was way too small for the volume they're pushing.
Food was ok. Ham in the omelets was just cut up sandwich meat. My toast was burned!! I was shocked the kitchen even put it on my plate and then the server also allowed it to be served. Toast was also cold. My fruit was just canned fruit cocktail. Disappointing. Don't see why the great reviews. I recommend going down the road to Shrimp N Stuff Downtown on 23rd. They serve breakfast.