“Wanted to like this place”
Review of Gypsy Joynt

Gypsy Joynt
Ranked #21 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Read the reviews, saw the pictures. Gotta be good. Right? Wrong!
They do indeed serve some unique fare. Got there at about 12:20. Pretty long line. Figured they had it under control. Wrong! One person taking orders...nice lady, just pretty slow. As we look around, we notice all the tables are taken. Hmmm? What do we do. Here is what people do. They circle like vultures, wait to pounce. Seems to work..ok. We quickly spot someone leaving..got it! I place my order...seems easy enough. Hamburger chicken fingers..How tough could that be.

Forty five minutes tough. I paid extra for onion rings. When they came..."Ice cold". How on earth can they be cold? I've waited forever..Now, they do not use buns like other places..one of their specialties I am sure..but the bread is rock hard. had to cut it with knife..sawing through it like a bar in a prison...

Value? well, not really a bargain....$40 for three and no alcohol..about typical...but mediocre really. What do all these folks see that I do not? Beads hanging from the ceiling? Dust traps in my opinion. Did I mention you could see the kitchen prep area? Did I mention the staff not wearing hair coverings? Or the get this..baby on the food prep table. Everyone in there was playing with the infant. Babies are "bug factories". If you've ever been a parent, you know that things come from every orifice of a baby. And its on the table in the food prep area. OK..enough..go at your own peril..

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Venue: Relaxed with a few classic arcade games, a pinball machine, and an interesting decor.
Coffee: The Unicorn Cake Sprinkle Coffee was actually delicious if you prefer sweet coffee drinks. I ordered the hot version which to me provided an almost roasted-marshmallow flavor. My wife had the iced version of "Totally Nuts" (??)... it was a much more balanced flavor and still delicious.
Food: Words can't do justice in describing the "Yo Adrian." Holy crud it is good. The PMS & Blue Balls was good, but not the favorite of either of us. The roasted brussel sprout dish was okay, but not something we'd order again. There is much more menu to explore, we'll do our best.
Price: As expected, burgers around $10. Coffees were under $4.
Staff: Super nice.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Didn’t know what to expect except that my friends loved it. Now so do I. Fantastic sandwiches, delicious deserts. It is an crazy eclectic place. You will be back.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

This place was super crowded and we waited a long time for our food, but it was worth it. I had the sunny Ramoni which is a carved turkey sandwich loaded with bacon and avocado. The bread is homemade and super fresh. Close to the strand so you can walk around.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We saw the review on food paradise and had to try it ! We both had the BBQ brisket biscuit and it was as scrumptious as anticipated! Not too big but just the right size to satisfy your craving & hunger. We also loved the strawberry cake! Big enough to share I tried a mimosa but it didn’t have much alcohol . However we enjoyed our visit and look forward to trying the sleazy mac & cheese, as well as many other very interesting items on menu. The place is a bit dark, cozy/small & is heavily decorated with a mix of items you might find from a 70’s teenagers clubhouse - even a few working video games / we liked it. Friday was very busy with a line to order (only one young lady was taking orders and getting drinks), everyone worked hard & service was good. We will return next time in Galveston.