“Funky decor and excellent food! ”
Review of Gypsy Joynt

Gypsy Joynt
Ranked #36 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came in on an extremely cold, rainy day during the Dickens on the Strand weekend and had to jump over puddles to get into the door but I am so glad that we found this place. It's like a hipster/bohemian/indie/hippie laid-back neat cool place to hang out. There are really neat pictures of the owners all over the wall, tapestries, paintings (some that I also feature in my own house), art-work, hanging lights, etc. I loved the decor here. The tables and chairs were mismatched and I had no idea that when you were supposed to order at the counter when you walked in. Kinda wonky, but kinda my style!

I ended up ordering the Bahn Mi sandwich with the sweet potato tots, my husband ordered the PMS with a Blue Ball which was a horrible thing for him to order and I tried to warn him. It was basically a bacon macaroni and cheese sandwich with potato chips and a chocolate ball on the side. It ended up giving him the poops later which is a fun story for later. My Bahn Mi was delicious and I loved the sweet potato tots. I could have eaten those things all day! They paired perfectly with some ketchup! (I'm one of those people who drowns her tots in ketchup, sue me). Our friends ordered one of the most delicious pizzas I've ever seen or smelt. It was the "Fred Darling" with pine nuts and olives, and good lord, did it look amazing! They loved it and ended up devouring the rest before they even got home.

The food was spectacular and unique as well as the decor. The service wasn't anything extraordinary. It's usually what I expect when I come to these sort of "hipster" joints. Kind of off-putting and slightly rude, but if the food is good enough, I don't mind much. I don't come to Galveston much but when I do, I'm coming back for the pizza and Bahn Mi!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This place is out of the ordinary, a true gypsy fun restaurant. The food is amazing with a large selection of a little bit of everything. The kale slaw and ciabatta sandwiches were delicious.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Just going here and looking at this crazy place is worth the visit. You must order your food then find a place to sit. No one really told us what to do, which might have been nice, but the portions are large and tasty.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We enjoyed eating there. The atmosphere was great and the kids loved the free arcade games. Everyone enjoyed their food. Will totally eat here again!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Great burger served on sour dough bread. Beer could be colder but a great atmosphere in an out-of-the-way spot. Easy parking even on a busy weekend. You stand in line to order but if you need another beer just grab a waiter/waitress! We were with a group of 12 and no one was disappointed.