“Always consistently good”

tupy's Mexican
Ranked #41 of 503 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We love Tupy's. I ordered the steak fajita enchiladas once and have gotten them every time since. The steak is sprinkled on top which is a little different. The food always tastes good, is served hot; the service is always attentive, and the prices are reasonable. What more could you ask for? The restaurant is small enough not to be overly loud, just lively. This is our "comfort place" when we just want to have a good, hassle-free meal.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I have to say I'm quite surprised at the high ratings. We've always meant to stop by this restaurant, and since it is in a higher-end neighborhood we expected great food. Well the food is mediocre at best. I can name other local Mexican/Latin food restaurants that I would rate much higher. But the main reason for the 2 star rating is the restaurant itself. Walking up to the entry door you see trash, mints and papers that have dropped down on the floor behind the storefront glass, old tape all over the glass and the entry itself looks dirty. We should have walked away then, but we wanted to give it a chance. The restroom was awful; I'll leave that to your imagination. The table top was typical Mexican tile but the grout between the tiles was nasty. If what you can see of a restaurant is this bad, it makes me wonder what the kitchen is like!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

It's Tex Mex, so don't expect fine dining. Plenty of choices, a good bar, tortilla chips thick enough to scoop up copious amounts of salsa, queso or guacamole without breaking and a friendly staff. My favorite is their Chile Rellenos, but everything is great.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for a quick and well cooked tex mex meal.The service and value are great. We eat here at least once a week and are never dissatisfied!!!!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Outstanding enchiladas. Sour cream chicken were great. The cheese enchiladas with carne also great. The bar service outstanding

Been to tupy's Mexican? Share your experiences!