“Go for the atmosphere, not the food”

Joe T Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 1,791 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My first visit to Joe T's garners a mixed review. My family and I arrived at 10:30 and there was already a short line, but we were still able to be seated by the beautiful fountain pool. The entire serene atmosphere is just wonderful! I ordered the chicken fajitas and a bowl of queso for the complimentary chips. I also ordered a top shelf marg on the rocks. My daughter got a chimichanga and regular frozen marg. I must say, we were a bit disappointed with everything but the chips and salsa. The queso was runny, my top shelf marg was weak, my fajitas just so-so and my daughter's chimi overcooked. I will definitely return because I love the atmosphere, but will set my expectations of food quality lower.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,470)

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

No, the food isn’t amazing. Yep, the line is going to be long. And IT IS STILL WORTH IT. If you want a to enjoy an outdoor atmosphere that is only rivaled in Mexico City you definitely want to check Joe T’s. Always a good time.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

An hour and a half wait. No. The food is good but not THAT GOOD. Our time is worth more. Plus, the drinks are WAY overpriced. You are paying for eating at a “hot spot”. Not for quality of food, price or convince. Plus, they do not take credit cards. So plan on waiting AGAIN at the ATM to get cash to pay them. Hmft... :/

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Dinner, just get the dinner. You will thank me for it. everything about this place is great. This is an all time favorite for my family and we eat here every chance we get.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve heard so much about this place that we decided to give it a try. We order fajitas, since there’s only two options for you to choose. The food was bland, it really had no flavor. It was so crowded that just having a drink refill or salsa was an achievement. On top of that the fact that you can only pay cash it’s very inconvenient. They have an atm machine there to make it more convenient, but still you have to go get the money inside the restaurant. The garden is beautiful specially next to the fountain. That’s pretty much what I like about the place.