“Will definitely return!”

Rose Garden Tea Room
Ranked #9 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Fort Worth
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first visit to the Rose Garden Tea Room today. For me, a restaurant's atmosphere greatly impacts my enjoyment, or lack thereof. What first impressed me was the tea room is a bit set apart from the antique store by faux stone walls at the entrance. This makes the room feel more like a regular restaurant and lends to its charm. The tables are covered in lovely fabric topped with glass. The lights are dimmed, a gurgling water fountain claims center stage and lighted grapevine tendrils creep over the walls, lending a 'secret garden' flair. I was seated promptly and hesitantly ordered the Rose Garden tea...unsure of how rose petals and vanilla would flavor the tea. It was so delicious, I had three glasses! I ordered the Quiche of the day, cheese and slightly spicy chili pepper, which came with a small side salad. The salad was very meager and I wasn't a fan of the Italian dressing. But, the quiche was very flavorful, with a flaky crust, although just a wee bit dry. I topped the meal off with a slice of coconut meringue pie, delicious and still warm from the oven. Yummy meal, I really enjoyed my visit and will definitely return!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Our group made a reservation for 16 people. Upon arrival, we changed our reservation to 14. We ended up with 15. The restaurant had prepared 2 tables for us for 14. Two of the ladies sat down at a two top next to our other two tables so we would all have seating. They were promptly told they could not sit there, that we had told them 14 and that's all the seating we could have. Mind you, the restaurant was nowhere near full and there was no line waiting to be seated. The two ladies could not convince them to let them use that table so we ended up having to pull a chair up to the end of our table and cramming another person on the end with the person already seated there. The two top never ended up being used and neither did many of the other tables. Very poor way to do business. Our group will certainly move on to somewhere else more welcoming. Very disappointed as it is a cute place!

1  Thank Shwallach
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous tea room set in a great antique mall, named the Mercantile. I enjoyed the atmosphere very much, but the food was also very good!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This is a lovely restaurant - soothing atmosphere, delicious food, and really really delicious PIE (I LOVE pie, so it is an important part of any meal!) --- My sister and I visit often, and usually end up there for birthday lunches, as well. We almost always get the "variety plate" with quiche, soup of the day, fruit - Recently, we had our choice of chocolate pie, lemon pie, or (the hands-down favorite!) - coconut meringue pie. We actually had to wait a few minutes for it, because it was too warm from the oven to cut and serve!! - The toasted and seasoned bread nibbles are tasty, and they also sell them in large zip bags so you can crunch on them later at home! It's in a truly worthwhile antique mall - all the dealers there decorate their spaces so beautifully - so that even if you don't particularly like the pieces they have for sale, you still can admire the arrangements of "stuff". Somehow we do always end up with something else to take home in addition to the toasty nibbles ... Lunch - including dessert and tip - can be about $25 per person, so don't be shocked.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

It's my second visit and it was just as amazing this time. This quaint little tearoom is in the mercantile building, so can be a little tricky to find.

Nice selection of food. I had the half chicken sandwich and it was delicious the bread fresh and the salad crispy.

Service is very fast and friendly. Can't recommend enough