“Lovely way to spend an evening”

The Kent Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Mersham
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep in the heart of the Kent countryside yet only 35 minutes from London King’s Cross, The Kent Cookery School offers a wide range of cooking courses to suit everyone. Whether it is a gift for a loved one or a treat just for you our team of expert tutors will make sure your day is a day you’ll never forget. We offer every type of course from bread making to pattiserie, full day, weekend and evening courses. Once a month we open for dinner, with our chefs tables, come and watch the live theatre of our chefs as they create a four course fine dining menu, We also offer private parties, demonstrations, and one on one tuition.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I attended the Macaroon course as a birthday treat. A lovely school and very welcoming. I really wanted to master making macarons and finally achieved it with James's expertise! Can't wait to go back for another course.

Autumn P, Manager at The Kent Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for joining us on our Macaroon evening, we are so glad you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review we really appreciate it, we hope to see you back at the school soon.

All reviews
"learning how"
in 3 reviews
"course meal"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on the Bread Making Course (as a birthday gift from my two daughters). I went not knowing quite of what to expect. I thought at the outset, that is before I arrived, it would be kind of OK, say 5 or 6 out of 10!! How wrong could I have been. OK is a massive understatement.

Both of the James' were really just excellent. We (the 6 of us) benefited from the amazing bread making skills of James, we had a great output in terms of what we produced and took home.

A great lunch with really great people. So marks out of ten ---- eleven.

Thanks for brilliant day

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your day with us on the bread course. We are glad you enjoyed your day, and you are quite right there is a LOT of bakes to take home! We hope you have been baking lots at home, and hope to see you back at the school in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have attended several classes and the chefs table at the school and I have to say each experience is a real treat. Extremely professional, welcoming and whether you are a complete beginner or a more adventurous cook there is something for everyone and I always learn something new. James is friendly, funny and an excellent tutor. I can't express enough what great value for money these courses are and if you can grab one of the limited spaces on any of the chefs tables you will not be disappointed. I have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world and the chefs table experience is easily on par with them. It's a hidden gem.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are so glad you have enjoyed each experience with us and thank you for your kind words regarding our Chefs table evenings we thoroughly enjoy hosting them. We hope to see you back at the school cooking again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived on time, even before the owner. Waited 10 minutes and then rang them.
We cancelled that course, nobody told me. To cut a long story short, l was offered another course but l lost all confidence in the establishment, therefore l requested my money back. It was extremely disappointing as the family had made plans and my day was ruined. Therefore my experience is extremely negative, l suggest you double check a few days before if attending this venue.
I rebooked at another at The garden of England cookery school. It was a very good course and can recommend the tutor.

Autumn P, Manager at The Kent Cookery School, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Terry,

Thank you for your comments. As we explained on the day that there had been an error which meant we did not have a note of your booking at the time of cancellation as the other participants were notified. We apologised extensively for this mix up and refunded the full amount that morning (Sunday) as you had mentioned we then offered for you to return on the same course at no cost which was turned down. As this incident had occurred over two months ago we would have hoped to have been contacted after the amount was refunded to try and see if there was any way we could have compensated for this mistake.

We explained how sorry we were that your experience was so negative as you can imagine as small business owners who put our all into our business and customer service it was very upsetting and we had thought this was settled on the day in question. Every system has its faults and occasionally we are subject to human error occurring which unfortunately is what happened in this case.

Since owning the school this has been the only incident like this and we now have more diligent measure in place to ensure this doesn't happen again. We are glad you found a suitable course elsewhere and enjoyed your day.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just got back from my webber cookery course , from the moment I arrived was welcomed in and offered a drink , james and his staff made my day there extra special, we made some superb dishes using great produce , was great to be shown how to correctly use our bbqs, and to see and try the finished product,was a nice touch to eat in the pantry with all the other people taking part and chat about the day , can really recommend this and I will be back

Hi Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are so glad you enjoyed your day with us. we hope you will come back for one of the many Weber courses or one of our own courses! Look forward to welcoming you back to the school.

James & Autumn