“Unique. Atmosphere, great homemade food”
Review of OST Restaurant

OST Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Bandera
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Lot's of nostalgia in this little town the Old Spanish Trail restaurant had a very unique atmosphere, friendly staff and great food,

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Good food, we had desert at night and breakfast the next morning. Sat in the John Wayne room. Big portions, so don't be afraid to share.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We went for breakfast. It was very busy. The service was fair and the food was just okay. Had to send back eggs that weren't over medium. Pancakes and toast were cold.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Went here for lunch and had a burger, which was pretty good except for being over cooked. The waitress did not ask how I wanted it and I forgot to speak up about how I wanted it cooked. The other folks seemed to enjoy their dishes with the women having salads. Service was good and the ambiance is terrific.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

I've been eating at the OST for 40 years, whenever visiting from California. My dad ate there every day and I looked forward to going there with him. He died a few years ago, but I still eat almost every meal at the OST whenever I visit Bandera.

Their Tex-Mex and chicken fried steak are both terrific... some of the best you'll have anywhere. Good-size portions, good quality. Wonderful home-made desserts (I especially like Gwen's chocolate cake!) Good buffet at lunch, and very reasonable prices. Very good down-home breakfasts, too.

Quality is consistent, servers are usually very attentive. Sure, they can get real busy (especially weekends) but Gwen runs a tight ship and is very hands-on.

The environment is Texas-to-the bone! The real deal. Which is probably why you'll see the local Constable and Texas Highway Patrol eating there every day... they know the good spots... and everyone's a friend at the OST. I miss it dearly. Very much worth the drive wherever you are in the Texas Hill Country.

(And look for photos of my dad, Rudy Robbins, back in the John Wayne Room... he was an actor/stuntman/western performer ("Who Loved the Lord", as his tombstone reads) and did several films with Duke. They were good pals.)