See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I haven't stayed a night here however I have friend who works here. He invited me out to see the upgrades to the rooms and work they have done to renovate. I had always heard it wasn't a great place to book stay. Now, the pool is clear and clean with New pool patio furniture , the rooms have upgrades and are super clean. The housekeeping is committed to making every aspect to a night stay is the way you expect it. I met the owner and he is there daily working to make every possible effort to a great stay for the guests. I would recommend a stay .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
NiranjanKB, Owner at Bandera Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

James, thank you so much for coming to visit us and for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate your comments and are happy that you were able to see all of our latest changes and renovations and for recommending us! We look forward to having you visit again anytime!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience. Arrived to the lodge to check in at 7:10 pm after calling ahead to make certain that arrival at that time would be ok. When we walked up to the office the doors were locked so I called the hotel to see how we could get checked in. Seeming a bit irritated lady stated she would have to get us our keys. After calling back multiple times and talking to her through the door as she said she was working on it we realized after an hour that we were not going to have a place to stay apparently. My husband found a door in the rear of the building that was open so he went in to talk to the lady behind the counter who seemed very confused and completely unable to assist us even look up our information. We then decided it was time to find other accommodations. We will never go back again and certainly do not recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Susie H
Niranjan K B, Owner at Bandera Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Susie- First and foremost, we want to apologize for the experience you had when you tried to check in on Sunday evening. It is our goal to provide each of our guests with the best possible experience from the moment you make a reservation, during your stay and check out. We clearly fell short of doing that for you. Thank you for returning our call and for sharing your candid feedback about what happened when you arrived at the lodge. We can now take the proper steps to make sure something like this does not occur in the future. Thank you also for giving us the opportunity to make things right for you. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Bandera.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

All of the rooms have recently been renovated - new carpet, paint, beds, bathrooms, and air conditioning. All rooms are non-smoking, which is a big plus for me. The room was very clean. It was also very quiet. The staff was very friendly. I will stay here again the next time I am in Bandera.

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor just as it is easier to load and unload the car.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dh0ll0way
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Sorry took so log to write this review, but when we stayed there we had a spectacular experience!
Our room was located by the pool.
We were with a large group of motorcycle riders! We could see our bike from the room.
The room was clean! And rates were reasonable. There was a microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer and iron with ironing board.
The restaurant was spectacular!
The ambiance was relaxing with entertainment a solo guitar player ! Friendly, curtious waiters and waitresses! Food was delicious!
Prices also reasonable. Clean, clean, clean. It is family friendly, but you can go there and have a romantic getaway! They have Sunday brunch and they can cater to large groups! We plan to go back! Our experience was so wonderful I am writing about it.
5 stars!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Not worth the price paid, no space to move too much furniture. No breakfast. Carpet in the room was extremely dirty. Owner just stares at you, makes you feel uncomfortable. Next time I'll not stay here, will rather stay 30 miles away and make the drive to Bandera

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo