Richmont Inn(Townsend)
Expedia
Expedia
All reviewssplash paddog parklaundry roomgravel sitesconcrete padsfriendly and helpful ownerssecurity gatethe riverbike pathwi finice playgroundbath housecades covepigeon forge gatlinburggood sizefamily vacationquiet side
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

We have stayed in almost every campground here in Townsend and this is very nice. They have a lot of pull through some with concrete others gravel . Nice playground and splash pad. Security gate is a nice touch as well. We will stay here again♡

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I made reservations for three campsites for Labor day weekend for myself,son,and daughter with their families and it is hard to find a spot on holidays so I made it in advance. They do charge a night's deposit on each campsite and it is NON REFUNDABLE so you better make sure you can go. We could not go due to an unexpected death of my daughter-in-law's Mother and dear friend of family and did not want to celebrate so soon after her death so it cost me $141.00 for absolutely nothing and I am CERTAIN the spots could still be rented since it was for Labor Day and canceled three weeks prior to Labor Day anyway just be aware of this policy I have learned my lesson the hard way. I don't know about other policies but I do know this one.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Nice place. Only thing lacking is a pool for the older kids and fire rings. It was very clean and quiet. Would go back. It was nice and clean and quiet. People were friendly.
We enjoyed it here. Loved the dog park. It's very up to date, bathroom was nice but showers were a little small.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016

This is a nice campground. I thought the streets were a little tight for big rigs. The bath houses are clean but sometimes don't have toilet paper in them. The playground and splash pad were nice for the kids. The campground itself was very quiet. The reason I don't think I would return is I think the prices are a little steep. I paid 57.00 a night, after all the taxes if was like 70.00. The wifi is slow. Don't try to use it for much or it will time out.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We recently made our first visit to Big Meadows Family Campground with a total group of 8 and two separate families in two sites. I am very happy that we selected it. It was quiet, well taken care of, and everyone from staff to other campers were so pleasant. Our girls enjoyed the splash park on a daily basis. We utilized the laundry facility as well as the men's shower house which was both given high complements. The speed limit is enforced here and I was thankful for that. Our daughter has just started biking and we felt safe enough to let her bike around. The gates do lock between midnight and 7 a.m but we were provided with alternatives that allowed us to make early morning trips to the Smoky Mountains. The area around the campground was quiet and we enjoyed every bit of the less crowded quiet environment of the town and the campground. We tubed down the river, fished, biked the bike path, and enjoyed local ice cream shop, Mexican food, and wine tasting. There is even a grocery store near by! I honestly have no complaints for our time at this park.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family