Townsend Lodge
US$129
Highland Manor Inn & Conference Center(Townsend)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$170
Townsend Gateway Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotels.com
Best Western Cades Cove Inn(Townsend)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$73
Agoda.com
Talley Ho Inn(Townsend)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This motel was truly disgusting. Only when I entered the room after check-in did I find out how bad things were. There were spiders' cobwebs above the beds and in the corner above the wash-hand basin. I used a coat hanger to dispose of them. Then, on entering the bathroom, I noticed there was an earwig in the bathtub which incidentally, was in a truly sorry state, all cracked and discoloured with a filthy rubber mat hiding further blemishes.

The worst was yet to come. Lying on the bed reading, I looked up to see two big bugs crawling across the ceiling. They could fly so it was difficult to get hold of them, but I opened the door and threw them out. Someone I told this to said they were "stink bugs" which cause a strong smell if you crush them.

It's clear this room hadn't been rented in months and had been left to let the insects infest it. There were several spiders running around on the carpet which itself had holes and lots of stains.

I checked out immediately and moved to a clean hotel further up the road.

Avoid this motel at all costs - I wouldn't stay there even if it was free.

Room Tip: Don't go, avoid!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank levado656
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have stayed at this Motel on more than one trip. The last time I stayed, there were spiders in the room, spider webs in the corners. Housekeeping never cleaned the room in four days. The trash was changed once while I was there. I received no house keeping one day, the next day, towels were left on the unmade bed, that was the extent of the room cleaning. On the bathroom door, there was what appeared to be blood. The bathroom door was filthy! . This was not the first time I have stayed and the room was dirty. I thought the other time was an oversight and it would be better the next time. I use to enjoy staying at this Motel. I will not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank TandT47265
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Awesome rooms for the price !! Will be returning ! If you want great customer service then please visit here! Friendly staff all the way around !!! Lots of stuff to do and see in Townsend Tn. Check it out if you are in the area or are visiting on vacation . Peaceful getaway !

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mnuchols
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Manager is awesome!!!! Very helpful and thoughtful. We had a great experience. Loved the out door deck and fire pit!!!! Room was clean and comfy. Laid back and very relaxing. Will definitely be back for another relaxing weekend!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank RickCone
Reviewed 22 October 2012

They advertise as New Rooms!! The only thing new is the TV!! The bathtub is painted (which is coming off)...the floors are filty I would NOT walk on them without shoes...the bed was horrible....the light in the room was so dark you couldn't hardly see. Please look elsewhere for a room....we will never stay here again!! I know it's supposed to be owned by the owners of Riverstone Lodge, but it's has a long way to go to be considered NEW ROOMS!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple