All reviews dixie stampede bagels outdoor pool family owned boiled eggs separate building krispy kreme continental breakfast great place to stay juice and coffee rocking chairs directly across the street texas roadhouse within walking distance private balcony have stayed here several times spring break
Reviewed 28 January 2016

I stayed may 25-28, 2015. My 1st vac. on my own. It was so relaxing, comfortable, and safe. I was welcomed with such kindness that you don't receive at most hotels. I was shocked when I looked at the baseboard and there was no dust. Ive stayed at 5**hotels and they were not this clean. I loved waking up and looking at the MT view drinking a cup of coffee that was complimentary. I paid 38.00 a night. I will be back even if its 58.00 night. 75% of the cheaper hotels are not clean, friendly or as big with a fridge and micro. The saying is you get what you pay for.... NOT AT THE NORMA DAN MOTEL! You get more for your money. Your not laying down with bugs, breathing in dust from a nasty air cond, or your shoes sticking to the carpet or tiles. ITS SPOTLESS! I CANT WAIT TO STAY AGAIN. The mattress was so comfortable, and I slept like a baby. I felt so safe also. The breakfast is good too.

Room tip: clean southern family owned has plenty of hot water in a clean bathroom and comfy bed
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank michelle b
Reviewed 1 January 2016

This hotel went over and beyond. The first thing though that happened was when I went to check in, I was immediately asked about the dog I had in my car. I had my service dog papers ready to hand over anyway but the way it was asked did bother me. But once she saw I had my US Service Dog papers ready, she did not have any problems. We went to board our cat and he actually got out of our vehicle and escaped. We went into panic mode and the staff at the hotel were very helpful with telling us what to do to find him. Luckily we found him by that evening. We were able to board him at a facility down the road. The hotel location was in a great area and easy to find. We wished we could have gotten a room that was not close to the outside door because we heard the door banging throughout the night. So, if you get a room, ask for one closer to in the middle of how the room complexes are so it will be quieter for you. The indoor pool was nice and the room was very clean. The Tv was old but each room had a microwave and refrigerator which was nice for us to store our leftovers. It was a nice place to stay while we waited till our cabin was ready to check in the next day.

Room tip: Best views are on the 3rd floor and ask for a room toward the middle away from the outside doors so its quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2015

We were very impressed with this motel. We had peace and quiet, a private balcony and beautiful view of the mountains and the Christmas lights. Very friendly people. Awesome breakfast and will definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Shona S
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Just spent a week at the Norm Dan and we had s great time rooms clean staff excellent. Right in the middle of town you can walk or take the troller anywhere could not ask for s better location. This is a family type motel I would recommend this place to anyone. Enjoy your stay

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2015

The price was right. Staff is friendly and the room and bathroom were immaculate. The TV was old (cathode ray), so the cable picture was a little fuzzy. The in-room fridge didn't have temperature controls.

It is close to attractions in Pigeon Forge, and an easy drive to Gatlinburg.

A deal-breaker, if I had known, is that the breakfast they offer is unacceptable, and our savings were "eaten up" going out. Either do it right, or don't do it. Offerings were cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bagels, bread, store-bought waffles and a toaster. For not a lot of money there are DIY waffle makers and pancake makers, coffee / cappuccino / cocoa machines, etc. Seeing how this is an upscale tourist destination, I want something better.

Room tip: In the back, as the motel is on the main street (as are many other motels).
  • Trip type: Travelled with family