All reviews dixie stampede bagels south end of town outdoor pool family owned boiled eggs continental breakfast krispy kreme separate building great place to stay rocking chairs coffee pot older place texas roadhouse stayed for two nights bit dated private balcony
Reviewed 22 December 2015

The price was right. Staff is friendly and the room and bathroom were immaculate. The TV was old (cathode ray), so the cable picture was a little fuzzy. The in-room fridge didn't have temperature controls.

It is close to attractions in Pigeon Forge, and an easy drive to Gatlinburg.

A deal-breaker, if I had known, is that the breakfast they offer is unacceptable, and our savings were "eaten up" going out. Either do it right, or don't do it. Offerings were cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bagels, bread, store-bought waffles and a toaster. For not a lot of money there are DIY waffle makers and pancake makers, coffee / cappuccino / cocoa machines, etc. Seeing how this is an upscale tourist destination, I want something better.

Room Tip: In the back, as the motel is on the main street (as are many other motels).
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2015

We stayed four days and had a problem on day one -the room wasn't cleaned or the trash removed. We were reimbursed for the one-day cost without asking! That's rather uncommon, we think. I deducted one star for the poor breakfast. Toast, donuts, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice. I guess we expected more. But we'll definitely stay there again!...

We did have a whirlpool in the room -nice touch!

The 18-wheeler that started up at 5:30 AM was NOT appreciated, but we can't blame the hotel for that one. I don't think they cater to many truckers. It would've been nice if he could've parked more than 15' from our patio!? No stars deducted for HIS rudeness...

Room Tip: Look for big trucks and get a room far away <grin>...
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2015

Reasonable rates for a 2 night stay; front desk clerk was very jovial and helpful when we arrived in the evening after booking online with Expedia. Room was comfortable and easy to access... only concerns were that our door had no extra "bar" lock and next to exterior door with no locking system as well. Our children enjoyed the spacious indoor pool, but my hubby and I both immediately agreed that the indoor pool and hot tubs desperately need re-finishing, no cheap expense, we understand! But a huge first impression nevertheless...

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 20 November 2015

Norma Dan Motel is located right across from the Dixie Stamped. I had never stayed here before but I'm glad I stayed. The price was very inexpensive and the people there were friendly. This is a family motel and not a chain. Dan was even there when I arrived, sitting in a rocking chair in the lobby. My room was clean and everything was up to par. I loved the rocking chairs on your patio from the room. For the price, I couldn't have gotten a better place to stay. The only complaint that I would have is the water faucets in the bathroom had a pull on and push off, instead of a turn on and off system. The tub faucet was very hard to pull out. The sink faucet would either run full blast or not at all (the sensitivity of pulling the faucet to run is what I'm speaking of). A small complaint for such a good value though.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2015

We stayed one night in PF after a few in Gatlinburg. Booked by calling them directly and was helped by a very friendly woman. This place was half the price as Gatlinburg, wish we would have checked this place out beforehand. The hotel isn't super modern, but has the basics and is CLEAN. Bed was comfortable, bathroom/shower was just fine. The mini-fridge came in handy for water. Checkout was easy and again, the staff was very friendly! This is a great budget-friendly, clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view overlooking the strip.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple