Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction in Pigeon Forge, TN for a family feast and fantastic show fun for all ages. Filled with friendly North and South competition, thrilling horse riding stunts, spectacular special effects, phenomenal musical productions plus a mouth-watering four-course feast complete with a delicious dessert!
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Good show but it was the same as I seen 10 years ago there. We did get the seats we wanted over the phone a few hours before the show. It was crazy packed. Get there over an hour early just to not fight ppl waiting in line. They need to seat their ppl as they get there.... not make us all wait .....then pictures then a preshow!!!!! Then the show....... Alittle too much as most ppl looked kinda pissy about waiting and getting run over in line. My advice. Get a new show. And change the way you herd ppl in and out of there.

1  Thank Natasha S
Write a ReviewReviews (9,682)
All reviews
in 231 reviews
"the wait staff"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Looked for a venue/activity for our group of 19. They said they had a vegan and a gluten free option. The vegan and gluten free meals were a small bowl of fruit cocktail from a can or cup and a package of steamed California blend vegetables. We are not at all picky eaters and maybe we were there on a bad night. We pretty much only eat chicken at home. Out of 19 of us, only 1 ate their meal. Most of us found it not good except for the soup. The show was entertaining and we all laughed and had a pretty good time, but I felt bad that we spent so much money and still had to go find somewhere to eat after. We had a blast the rest of the weekend - even with the rain, but the low point was the Dolly Stampede, which was sad for me because I had thought it would be the highlight. The Apple turnover was good. The last half of the pre-show was actually better than the Dolly Stampede. We still had fun and made the most of it, but I believe it was overly priced. I paid over $900 for us to go and I think that was the hardest part because then we all had to go eat somewhere else and spend more.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Besides being annoyed that they changed the name from Dixie Stampede... we enjoyed this attraction.

From the parking attendants who easily got everyone parked safely and across the lot to the entrance to the ticket lady who recovered my online reservation using my phone number on file, everyone was calm, friendly, and happy to help. We LOVED the preshow entertainment and found it to be top notch. We did not buy preshow drinks or snacks. We ate most everything served for dinner- it wasn't excellent but it was satisfying enough, served warm, and quickly passed out between acts of the show.

The show was just amazing. We aren't used to horse drill teams and equestrian acrobatics. It was absolutely amazing and we just loved the show. The audience participation parts were a little silly and the comedy stuff was a little corny but you know its a family friendly experience and everyone there seemed engaged.

We saw some people leave before the end (presumably to get out before leaving the parking lot became a nightmare) but we opted to stay and just do what we needed to do after. We had no problems getting out and were back at our hotel 30 minutes after the show ended even with a few minutes in the gift shop afterward. The parking might have been more of a nightmare for the 2nd/late show than for us because we had not left the lot and they were already all lining up to get in for preshow entertainment- I'm not sure how that works and how many spaces they have there.

We were expecting to tip afterward because I'd read reviews but it was kind of annoying to be asked and reminded to tip when we'd paid a lot for the show. I wish the show would just raise prices by $10 pp and let people leave additional gratuities for excellent service above and beyond rather than telling patrons tip was not included in the ticket price. Why not charge for dinner and tip separate from the show if this is how you're going to do things? That part was just unnerving- we are good tippers but when you pay for the dinner and tip on separate occasions its just annoying to carry cash specifically for a tip for the server (who is serving like 20 people per show and the nature of the entertainment therefore limits you to refills only at certain times on a drink, no changes to the menu/what you get served and nothing additional beyond the basic serving plan).

We enjoyed the show a lot though and have already recommended this as our top activity choice for visitors to the area!

2  Thank GrnMtnGirl79
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Highly recommended. I like that you can grab a drink and snack in the saloon area prior to the start of the show. They had a small band playing music which was enjoyable. Inside the arena, the bench seats were comfy, nice and roomy and the dinner and show were fantastic. Will definitely go again.