“Business dinner”

Deacon’s New South
Reserve with OpenTable
Deacon’s New South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 2,161 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$18 - US$150
Description: Deacon's New South is a modern steakhouse featuring dry-aged steaks, robust vegetable dishes and a sommelier-led beverage program including vintage cocktails.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Charcuterie was average.
Bread supplied was sweet and salty. Very odd flavours.
Salad was nice.
Filet mignon was excellent.
Fries were good.
Potato puree was good.
Aged barrel sauce was terrible. Avoid at all costs.

Pinot Noir served was decent to accompany the meat.

Friendly service but the sides served let this place down for me unfortunately.

Fix those issues and you've got yourself a winning combination.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Of all the great food I had on my visit to Nashville Deacon's had the best. Everything was so good and cooked to perfection. Their specialty is steaks and I recommend you get one. The meat & cheese tray was also divine. The service was top-notch. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Tried this restaurant for the first time to celebrate our anniversary and we were absolutely blown away! Jay was an amazing server that made our night wonderful. The food was fantastic and every staff member we encountered was beyond helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took my sister and brother-in-law to Deacon's New South to celebrate their anniversary. We all agreed that the food was average at best and the service incredibly slow and inconsistent (took 30 minutes to get a cocktail despite being a Wednesday night with no event at Bridgestone Arena). Both when I made the reservation and when we were being seated, they asked if we were celebrating anything special, so I told them we were there to celebrate my sister/brother-in-law's anniversary, yet they never acknowledged that. Why ask if you're not going to do or offer something special?! Also, the table next to us received excellent service - attentive waitstaff, lots of chatting with our server - yet we had to ask for water twice and waited a long time for our drinks (even having to remind them of our order). With all the good restaurants in Nashville to choose from, we won't be going back to Deacon's New South. It might be good to grab something before a Preds game but other than that, why bother with mediocre food and poor service. I will say the craft cocktails were delicious.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our server Sierra was terrific. She guided us with recommendations that were perfect. An a non drinker she had the bar make me a wonderful drink anyway. Everyone else was so pleased with the bourbon selections. Two tried flights and were so pleased.
We had the skillet yeast rolls and spring onion soup to start. All 4 of us loved the flavor of the soup and the rolls. A must!
We all had steak, cooked exactly as asked for. The spring beans were different and delicious the marble potatoes were totally different and slightly sweet.
We couldn’t decide on desert so we ordered all four. We can recommend the chocolate and the coconut the best.