“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Went as a group of 6 adults and had the 4 course meal each. At $60 a head, it turned out to be very good value with the high quality of the food brought out. We booked a table outside and its such a good view/setting. Hadnt been here for 10 years but wouldnt hesitate to go again.....soon. Service was great.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I can only say, it’s my own fault. As it was my wife’s birthday, I decided, at the last minute to take her out for lunch. What should I expect if I book a table at a popular restaurant on the day before mother’s day! I rang Zonzo Estate about an hour before lunch to see if they had a table for two available. The pleasant young lady who answered the phone said, “yes, we have a table available in the barrel room for 12.30 to 2.30”. I duly made the booking and we arrived at the set time to find that the ”barrel room” was in fact a large shed off to the side of the main restaurant. Admittedly it had a few wine barrels in a corner. There were some trestle tables set up with some rather flimsy fold up chairs which for most people wouldn’t be a problem but when you’re a rather portly chap like my good self it requires a bit of a leap of faith to settle your ample proportions into them and hope.
But that’s enough of the negatives. On reflection we were very lucky to get any table at this excellent establishment on such a busy time. The service was cheerful and surprisingly prompt considering the number of diners the staff were dealing with.
For starters my wife had Wood-fire oven roasted sardine fillets served with olive oil, chilli and lemon. (delicious) while I had Prawns, pan fried, served with a hint of chilli (also delicious). For mains we had pizza. The missus had Bianca Con Pollo which is X.V olive oil base , mozzarella , roasted chicken , mini roma tomatoes , roasted pumpkin and Persian fetta while I had the Pizza Con Sopressa. This consisted of tomatoes, mozzarella, hot salami Kalamata olives and basil (both excellent).
My wife finished off her meal with Affogato, which was vanilla ice cream topped with a shot of espresso and Frangelico, while I settled for a long black. The Zonzo Estate Pale Ale did not disappoint either. In summary, I must say that the main restaurant is a beautiful venue and we only found ourselves in the barrel room because of the fact that it was so busy. All in all a very enjoyable experience and lets face it. Eating in a shed isn’t really a problem when the food and service are as good as this.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Very yummy wine and pizza. Service was pretty good, but it was a little slow as it was a very busy day. I didn't love that we had to share our table with another booking, and it was super noisy so I wouldn't recommend visiting if noise bothers you for lunch/dinner. But overall a lovely venue with good food.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Great food in a great location. the views of the valley are spectacular. Delicious share platters, and of course lots of Pizzas

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Stunning views overlooking picturesque vineyards,impressive set up inside and outside.Quite extensive menu with terrific choices to suit every taste and palette,whether you are vegetarian or not!..
superb offerings of the local wine made at Zonzo's estate,Service,quality of food, presentation is absolutely beyond doubt is second to none! Having our overseas family with us made it even more special and the staff and the owner were most gracious and superb hosts! All this made us even more proud and allowed more "bragging" about our wonderful country! Thank you Rod and the staff! It was a super special, delectable day to remember for a long time!(hopefully not too long and we'll be back!..)