All reviews step back in time rail trail la la yarra river wifi soap books
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I stayed here for a night with my daughter and grandson. We were looking for budget accommodation in the area so we didn't have to drive home late with the 2 1/2 year old. The room had everything we needed and was clean and the beds comfortable. Our host was lovely, personable and made a hit with my generally shy grandson. The location is fabulous, just a quick stroll to the main street, but if you don't want to go that far, there is a shady garden at the back and a guest lounge.

Yes, the buildings obviously haven't had a lot of maintenance recently and look a bit tired, but if that doesn't bother you (as it didn't us), then this is great value accommodation in a lovely part of Victoria. We spent quite a few hours down by the river just splashing and enjoying ourselves after a few warm hours wandering Healesville Sanctuary earlier in the day.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ellipsis000
WL_Management2013, Manager at Warburton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad your experience at Warburton Lodge was enjoyable and hope to see you and your family back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Not only did the room smell of mould and old cigarette smoke, but the walls are paper thin. We could hear the couple to our left drunkly stumble back to their room, fight for a bit and then hear the women proceed to vomit. Then about an hour later the couple in the room to our right made their way to their room and decided to walk up and down the room shaking the entire building. The group of women staying in the next grouping of rooms was so loud echoing through our room until the early hours of the morning. We had to get up at 6am the next morning and it was not pleasant. And there isn I way to get ahold of anyone from reception!

The bed linens were dirty with yellow stains all over the top blanket and pillows also had stains all over them.

All and all there really isn't much I can say that is good. I wish I could, but avoid this place at all costs!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank claplante9

Hi, thank you for your less than favourable response. We take our guest satisfaction seriously and unfortunately we seem to have fallen well short of the mark in your case. We cannot do much about the behaviour of some of our guests but fortunately bad experiences such as yours are a rarity. We have addressed the other issues in your review and trust that no-one will have a repeat.
Thank you for your review. We treat all reviews as valuable feedback and take action accordingly.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

I absolutely loved my stay here, it was perfect. The host was lovely, welcoming and always able to help if I had any requests. The place is old but lovely and really fits in with the Warburton atmosphere. I felt extremely calm and relaxed whilst there, a fabulous ambiance with amazing gardens and wildlife surrounding the lodge. A very quick walk (under two minutes) to the local IGA, petrol station, pizza cafe and Indian restaurant.
I will definitely be back in the future and would like to say a big thankyou to the host for creating such a wonderful place.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank DJSierraJane

Thank you for your kind response. We are pleased that you had such a great experience n at Warburton Lodge and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Is the lodge old? Yes! Is it somewhat decrepit? Absolutely! Would I ever normally book this place? Not a hope! Does this place offer quality fittings? Seriously!

All bad huh! To a large extent you would be right, however the reality is that Warburton Lodge offers amazing charm. Sure, the flooring everywhere is up hill and down dale, everywhere we went the rooms smelt old, musty and, well, pretty crappy. The eating area is old and poorly presented, and the list of issues goes on add infinitum.

But you know what? I loved the place. The proprietor is a lovely talkative man who is happy to do whatever he can to assist. The grounds, although needing some repair, are nice and the lodge's location is nice and quiet.

The place wreeks of history and irrespective of the noisy heating and air conditioning, there's really not much to dislike.

We booked through a Travel Auctions win and the pricing was right. It included 2 nights and Continental breakfasts. However, book for a Monday and Tuesday and a third night is thrown in for free.

So do yourselves a favour, check out travel auctions as the lodge has 3 of these promotions per year. Take advantage of it, cast any pretense aside and allow yourself to enjoy a piece of history.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cuspub

Thank you for your review which seemed as up and down as some of our flooring.I think you got the vibe of the place and of Warburton itself. It is a slice of history and it has some age about it. There is a certain old world charm about which keeps many of our clients coming back. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Great room and view was amazing, it was nice and quiet and the spa was lovely. This place for me has a homey feel, the host was very warm and welcoming, everything was laid back and relaxed. It was priced great we paid $135 for the spa room. If you come looking for a fancy modern shiny style room you could be disappointed but if you are looking for a warm comfy room where you don't get bothered and can wake up with beautiful views then you'll enjoy its simplicity. Thanks so much for a great stay and a lovely cooked breakfast!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
WL_Management2013, Owner at Warburton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that yoou enjoyed your stay in Warburton and especially at Warburton Lodge. I see that you really got into the essence of the place. It is not shiny and new but it is relaxed and comfortable and fits in well with the whole Warburton ambience. I wish you well in your travels and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.