All reviews step back in time rail trail la la yarra river wifi soap books
Reviewed 1 April 2016

A pretty good budget venue just off the main road. Rooms are basic but adequate. WiFi is terrible in the rooms but up at the lounge it is very good. Has a billiard table and other games for guests enjoyment

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nukle
WL_Management2013, Owner at Warburton Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Thank you for your kind review. The WIFI is being upgraded so I hope you will experience the improvement on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

My favourite Warburton stay. Reasonable prices, old fashioned friendly service, 5 minutes walk from the river, cafes, a great Curry house. It's not modern but has everything we need... and a very obliging host. Thankyou Baden. We'll be coming back.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank wesfj

Thank you for your kind review. We are always pleased when a guest has a good experience and shares it with the Trip Advisor community. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

We have been cycling Lilydale-Warburton for years and the Warburton Lodge has been our place of choice to stay since the start! Clean, old fashioned and homey, the beds are very comfy after a day on the trail. We love the garden for a tranquil afternoon cuppa and the owner is always lovely. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank FlorenceR701
Reviewed 19 March 2016

I stayed with 4 girlfriends in rooms 8 & 9 as the rooms are adjoining, The beds were really comfortable, modern TVs and kitch style furniture. The place has real character.

After we arrived we sat on the verander/porch and enjoyed the surrounds with a glass of wine.

We had riden to Warburton from Lilydale so were really exhausted by the time we got to the lodge. I would have loved to have more time to walk around the beautiful gardens. We saw rosella parots in the morning outside our windows. I'd say if we had time we could have fed them.

Also would have loved to wonder around the lodge rooms and had a game of pool in the common rooms.

The owners/managers were great too, allowing us as much time as we needed in the morning (no 10 am check out required here).

Looking forward to return some time.

Room Tip: Ask the manager what you are looking for as there are different room configurations and a 2 bed room unit too
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer M

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad we could cater for your group and you found it suitable. I remember your group well and sincerely hope we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

This is a tired old place that hasn't had an overhaul for a long time. It's located in quite a lovely setting, within walking distance to beautiful river tracks.
Rooms are very basic but adequate for sleeping unless there are temperature extremes outside. I'd hate to stand in the shower alcove in winter waiting the 7 to 10 minutes it takes for the hot water to come through.
The desk wasn't staffed at all during my stay. Instead a note about the key location was left on the front door and I came and went without sighting anyone. I hope my company didn't pay too much for the room because it was definitely budget level accomodation.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. It is true that we offer budget accommodation and trust that we get the basics right. I agree that in a couple of the rooms the hot water does take some time to arrive although not many of our guests have a stopwatch on hand to monitor its arrival.The reception desk is staffed during normal business hours but a person who is on business or attending a seminar may only pass by the desk outside those times or even when the manager is attending to other needs,