• Beachfront
Pelicans Motel(San Remo)
1,019 results
All reviewsphillip islandbedroom apartmenttennis courtsindoor poolgames roomtop floorbuffet breakfastgreat for familiesgroupon vouchersteam roomtable tenniswasher dryerplay areagreat facilitiesmid weekstaff at receptionpenguin parade
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Our family stayed at the Silverwater Resort in a two bedroom apartment in the middle of July on a deal through Luxury Escapes. We are a family of 5 (kids 10, 7 and 5) and found the apartment to be a good size and well equipped. Although not on the island it was in a great location with an amazing IGA for supplies within a 5 minute drive. The kids used the indoor pool and had lots of fun.
We ate at the restaurant on one of the evenings and were really impressed with the menu and the food was delicious. We had a 25% discount which made it very affordable with a family of 5. The weather was atrocious therefore we couldn't make use of the BBQ on the deck but look forward to returning in summer to use the outdoor facilities. As for wifi, it was more or less non existent. I can never understand why hotels do not offer free wifi for the duration of a stay. It did offer free wifi but not much and it was so slow it wasn't worth using. I would say that a 2 bedroom apartment says it sleeps 7, that would be a very tight squeeze indeed!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
SilverwaterManager, General Manager at Silverwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your recent stay.
I was pleased to read that enjoyed your stay, the many on-site facilities and had the opportunity to purchase one of the great deals in market.
The award winning Watermark restaurant caters for all tastes and ages, I will pass on your feedback to the team for review.
We look forward to welcoming back to Silverwater Resort when you are next in town.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Set on a hillside near San Remo, SWR is a complex of well appointed holiday units. Designed for self catering that have althaea is needed to cook and prepare meals. There is an on site restaurant with (imho) a basic and limited menu. This is also the breakfast restaurant. Breakfast was not included in our deal but we did pre purchase for a very reasonable price. Food was tasty, well presented and plentiful. TRY THE HONEYCOMB...
My only food grump-tasteless bacon
There is a pool, games room and an outside play area which was much in use by children whilst we were there.
Weddings and other functions are also held on this clean, tidy site. You can enjoy a rest in good surroundings with good onsite facilities, pleasant staff and great views over the bay. Thanks SWR, we will be back in a couple of years.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your recent stay.
I was pleased to read that enjoyed your stay, the many facilities and the well-appointed apartment.
The award winning Watermark restaurant caters for all tastes and ages, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the food and beverage team for review.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I spent three days and two nights here for a conference. The location is amazing and I had stunning views from my well appointed room and balcony. The conference facilities were excellent with great attention to audio/visual. The staff in general were friendly and helpful. I have two gripes - one was that I had placed a used towel on the bathroom floor indicating I did not want to re-use it (there was a clean one on the rack ready for my second morning) but I returned to find it hung up again next to my clean towel. This is a very unhygienic practice and I was horrified. Secondly I had requested gluten free dietary requirements and overall the standard of food for both gluten free and vegetarian conference attendees was very poor. We were constantly forgotten and had our food served 15 minutes after the general food, even when it was a buffet, and we were served the same cake/friands for every morning and afternoon tea with no other choices, and one morning our morning tea was forgotten and 15 mins later we were brought half frozen ones which were inedible. I had to request bread at breakfast, and not everything was labelled on the buffets. Very disappointing. Having said all that, the setup looked good for families (with a car) and I would come back in the summer with my kids.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
SilverwaterManager, General Manager at Silverwater Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your recent stay.
I was pleased to read that enjoyed your stay and the conference you attended was a success.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived late on a Friday afternoon and had booked the restaurant for six. We had entree, mains, beers and two bottles of French champagne and received 25% off the bill for staying on the premises. The food was great, the staff helpful, but could've known more about the menu. The bill was very reasonable with our discount, $150 a couple with $10 per couple tip. It is massively worth dining at the restaurant when staying. World class food, just make sure your staff are on the same page.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your recent stay.
I was pleased to read that enjoyed your stay and the award winning Watermark Restaurant.
I will be sure to pass on your feedback for review.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel reception and restaurant was nice, but the room was average, the bathroom we got had an uncleaned bath and mirrors. For a 2 night stay you are only allowed ONE towel each, and if you want another you must PAY! This was a total deal breaker for me as it is such poor customer service. We've stayed in many hotels and most will give you 2 each even for 1 night. Icing on the cake? The towel rail is hung above the toilet. It's winter at the moment and the one towel I had didn't dry between showers so I would not recommend and we will not be staying again.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Casey O

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your recent stay.
I was sorry to read that during your stay you received incorrect information regarding additional towels and I apologise for this.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the restaurant and will be sure to pass on your feedback for review.