All reviews guest house across the road dining room light house old world charm old style hosts sue friendly service buffet breakfast guest kitchen a great stay free nibbles small kitchenette step back in time couples and families fawlty towers group of friends
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We had room 19 and we loved it. Small seating area (shared) outside the bedroom. Comfortable bed & clean sheets.
Able to walk to beach within 3 minutes. Safe street parking.
Nice and modest toast and cereal breakfast.
Enjoyable stay. Of the selection of accommodation in Point Lonsdale I would say this is the prime choice.
Will stay again!

Room Tip: close to the beach!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Great place to relax, old world charm. Hardworking hosts, Peter and Sue, attentive and a lot of fun. Ideally located right in the centre of town, across the road to the beach, walking distance to everything. Communal kitchen facilities, pool, charming bar, sitting room and meals room. Our room, the "Captain's Room" was spacious and comfortable, with a small kitchenette and 2 balconies. Don't miss the delicious take away fish and chips available most nights. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Always enjoy our stay here for QC music festival, fantastic hospitality & friendly service, great location close to beach & shops with the bus stop pretty much across the road, beautiful home cooked breakfast & other meals.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Our room at this hotel was the drabbest and most depressing place I've ever stayed. We booked for 3 nights and stayed only 1 night - we couldn't bear any longer. The room was dated and dirty - spider webs, dead bugs, other peoples' hair on the bathroom floor. There was nowhere to put anything - no storage at all. The bed was uncomfortable and there were stains on the doona cover. The only furniture in the room was a rusted outdoor setting.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Upon recommendation, my friend and I stopped into the Point Lonsdale Guesthouse for breakfast. We were warmly welcomed by Sue who invited us to help ourselves to the buffet breakfast and handed us the menu for a cooked breakfast. We both chose the Lighthouse which had poached eggs with smashed avocado on sour dough toast. I usually don’t eat avocado as I’m not a huge fan, but I have to tell you - whatever they mix in with the smashed avo is amazing! I am converted to liking avocado! The eggs were also cooked to perfection. And if you’re lucky enough to catch Peter out of the kitchen, be prepared to have a laugh. Starting the day with beautiful food and laughs is pretty amazing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
ripview, Owner at Point Lonsdale Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Monique thank you we are thrilled that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. I must admit the Lighthouse Eggs have been a hit since we put them on the menu. Yes Peter is the breakfast cook and he does escape to the dining room sometimes. Just don'r order a Vegetarian and add bacon to it or you will definately see him in the dining room!!!!!