Point Lonsdale Guesthouse Hotel
Lonsdale Views(Point Lonsdale)
Agoda.com
Roseneath Villa B&B(Point Lonsdale)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest houseacross the roaddining roomlight houseold world charmrooms are cleanfamily roomhosts suetable tennis tablefriendly servicebuffet breakfastguest kitchena great stayself caterclose to townolder style roomsfree nibbles
Reviewed 8 February 2015

booked this as we had a concert to go to nearby. It was $140 per night. the hosts were fabulous.friendly and kind. the accomodation though was cramped in an aged building. Our room was tiny and panelled in dark laminate wood, which made the room appear even smaller. would have been much more welcoming to be painted a light colour. the ceilings were thin as we heard people banging all about first thing in the morning whilst trying to sleep. a young lad was outside jumping on boxes to crush them to bin. that was also noisy. all up not very restful. the bed was VERY springy and for me too soft. the room was immaculate and clean. it was warm and we had a loud noisy fan to try keep the room cool. no aircon. the bathroom was tiny. you couldnt swing a cat in it.!!!! very hard to use. all in all the hosts are fabulous, but the building is tired and rundown. the decor is dated and the whole place could do with a renovation. far too pricey for what you get.

Room Tip: bring your earplugs to get a good sleep. that will block noise. better still ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank judy61Melbourne
Reviewed 7 February 2015

We have stayed at Point Lonsdale Guest House many times and we keep going back. For the age of this building I really can't fault it. The hosts are great, have a great sense of humour, and very helpful. We have had different rooms at times, but each room has been clean, has a cupboard for hanging clothes, and well equipped. The last time we stayed, which was yesterday, the meal at dinner time was just so classy. Very well presented and cooked to perfection. The breakfasts also are well worth the $10.00 extra. I would recommend this Guest House, with the pool, spa, outdoor kitchen in the games room, and beautifully set out lawns to anyone. Good value for money and so close to the shops, and only across the road to the beach. Beautiful walk through trees just opposite.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that look out the back onto the lawn and swimming pool.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2015

Stayed on a Fri night before taking the ferry to Sorrento and had fun. There was a hot rod and classic car rally in Queenscliff for the weekend and a number of participants stayed at the guest house. Chatting with them around Basil's Bar the Point Lonsdale Guesthouse was their accommodation of choice for multiple trips to area during the year. Fri night the Guesthouse does a three choice dinner which was excellent and quaint in the olde world dining room/bar.

Yes there are cobwebs and the carpet is old and there is a time warp atmosphere. But the sincerity of Sue overcame these issues. Peter aka Basil was in bed with man flu. Regular guests assured us we had missed a character.

Go with an open mind and enjoy the experience.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2015

My reviews are honest and leave a lot of helpful votes for travellers and hoteliers.

If I owned this hotel I'd clean all the cobwebs (windows etc), replace the carpet and give the rooms a paint. The owners are very nice and genuinely care, however, the hotel is left 2 decades ago.

I slept well, but I would have happily paid the extra $80 or so and stayed down at Torquay for a similar room.

I just don't think this hotel cuts it in this day and age.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2015

The rest of the accommodation was poor. We had room 18 in the original old guesthouse. Lots of character, lovely external appearance and it had a good trivago rating with good reviews. I think these must have been relating to the motel part of the guesthouse. We arrived after reception had shut, but the room was left open for us. When we entered the room a very musty smell met us. The room looked like it needed lot of TLC, but when I looked behind the curtain to pull the blinds (which didn't work) the windows were thick with cobwebs. There was nowhere to hang clothes. The bathroom was small - a conversion job, but the floor and paintwork needed a good clean, and repaint and new Lino would not go amiss. Based on my experience in this room I would not recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple