Watson's Mountain Country Trail Rides - Day Tours
Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Enjoying a first ride on horses!

The teenagers enjoyed their day with their father riding the horses they were matched up with. A... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sunn233
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile
Great Experience

Great Experience! Amazing view, lovely staff, horse well suited to my riding abilities. Went solo... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Wander476499
via mobile

All reviews hour ride snowy river horse riding high country his team beautiful horses michael watson experienced riders great ride spectacular views trot and canter met some great people long ride yo daughter bucket list camp fire great fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2021

We did the 2 day luxury ride with fly fishing and it was simply wonderful. Beautiful gentle horses, wonderful scenery, fabulous food and great hosts in Michael and Charlotte

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 9 January 2021

we did the 5 day ride through the high country and it is something i can recommend to everyone who loves scenery, horses, the outdoor life and mixing with like minded people.My son (32) and I (65) both enjoyed every single moment. He had only ridden once before and whilst i had ridden many times, it was about 40 years ago. The staff matched us well with horses and made sure we were comfortable along the way. We met some great people who many, although they own their own horses, drove hours to join the ride and do so often. That in itself says much about the Watson Family .
10 out of 10 from me.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 14 December 2020

My day long ride was a thrill. My horse was Surefooted and delightfully responsive. The mountain view’s were inspiring and the trails along the river were an adventure. At lunchtime we took a break with what I would think of as bush tucker. The staff was pleasant and I would definitely go for another ride at Watson’s!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 5 December 2020

My husband and I did the 2 day luxury ride. It was fantastic ! Michael Watson is a second generation owner and is one of the most oersonable men I have met. He showed great horsemanship and had beautifully cared for horses that were sturdy, safe and yet easy to canter. The first day we rode for over 5 hours as described in the tour (and honestly my body was aching by then). We stayed at a property where we had a cheese platter waiting for us which we shared with Michael and drank the alcohol we had bought. As it was just the two of us riding he left the dinner for us to have alone. Breakfast was also there. All lovely quality food prepared from a Mansfield produce store. The next day we again rode for over 3 hours and returned back to the original property. We then washed the horses and turned them out before having lunch with Michael at the Produce store in Mansfield. I would love to take my children there and do it all again!

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank Ozetravellers
Reviewed 20 October 2020

I can highly recommend Michael Watson and his team to provide a wonderful horse riding experience taking in the amazing Victorian high country. The horses were just superb, catering for all levels of riding skills with Michael ensuring your safety at all times. We have been on many short rides with them and have just returned from a 4 day luxury ride which was stunning... didn't want it to end and am already planning another one for 2021!

Date of experience: October 2020