“Disappointing”

Add it.
Chips Ahoy Healesville
Ranked #38 of 53 Restaurants in Healesville
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I realise it's a busy time of year for those take away shops that are open but...2 hours for fish and chips with only 2 staff taking orders, frying and packing/wrapping orders is not good enough. To top it off, all food was cold when it got home and I had to re-fry my flake as it was so soggy and looked undercooked. Chips Ahoy has definately gone down hill but having enough properly trained staff would make a huge difference. Not the only time I've had a long wait for a very basic order.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We regularly stay in Healesville as a base for trips to "The Big Smoke" from Paynesville. Chips Ahoy was our "go to" for excellent fish and chips. But on this occasion, last Thursday, the food was disgusting wit a capital D and the service was appalling. From other comments my experience wasn't unique. The much pierced attendant didn't have a clue and was continually testing fish with a thermometer. The delivery of two simple orders took 30 minutes and on getting back to our accommodation my potato cakes were cold. We had a microwave but when heated they oozed oil and it was discovered that they were 75% uncooked batter. My wife's King George Whiting was tough and dry, my Barramundi drowned in fat. The shop is usually bustling, but there were few there on Thursday, obviously the locals know better. Avoid at all cost, the noodle place does a far better take away meal.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Quite possibly the worst fish and chips we have ever had. Battered and grilled flake ended up in the dog's bowl. Soggy fried dim sim and just passable chips. Only tried here as the fantastic East End Fish & Chippery was closed for the day.
Never again will we get food from here.

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

No rating should be given for this place..touching money and then handling food..what a disgrace..ordered 4 flakes n chips..absolutely no flavour...took one bite and threw it all the bin..avoid at all costs..think a call to the food inspectors is on the cards..

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We had take away of grilled fish and chips and it was one of the best fish meals we had on our journey of over a month