“Family, location, style!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Tarrawarra for a celebration lunch for our twin daughters and their wonderful husband's. We have always been impressed with Tarrawarra initially based on the art gallery and have now appreciated the restaurant. Location, scenery, landscaping, art, design are excellent!! Food and presentation in the restaurant is magnificent. The staff are engaged, aligned and very helpful. The only however is the slow delivery of meals despite our being told to be there on time and to finish on time. Great place in the world to be!

Darren F, Manager at TarraWarra Estate Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you decided to try our restaurant on this visit and that you enjoyed it so much! See you again!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant seems to specialize in complex-layered flavoured sauces. For a starter, I had their charred octopus, which was the tender-est octopus I've ever had! Then I found out that they sou-vied the octopus. Nice! The lamb was served with a beautiful-tasting brown sauce, that looks like chocolate, but of course isn't.

I enjoyed the food, the knowledgeable & friendly service, as well as the seat next to the fireplace overlooking the vineyard. Good quality means it's not a cheap meal. But the lunch I had allowed me to have a free wine tasting at the cellar door!

Thank you for your great feedback! I have passed it on to the team, see you on your next visit!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter is being married next week, so my daughter in law organised a hens lunch for 10 at TarraWarra Estate in the Yarra Valley today. After a pleasant drive we arrived at 1 pm and began with a wine tasting at the Cellar Door. We sampled several delicious wines and decided on a white and a red to accompany our meal. The menu offered a good selection of snacks, starters, mains, sides and sweets. We decided on 3 courses and several sides. Bread was provided and the meal arrived in a timely manner with each plate beautifully presented and delicious. Everyone was pleased with their choices. My venison was tender and juicy and the roasted white chocolate dessert was a favourite with everyone. We finished with a group photo and another trip to the cellar door. What a great way to spend a Spring Sunday. The view is magnificent.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Glad that you enjoyed your visit so much - see you again soon I hope!

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

There's nothing like a fabulous lunch to go with an excellent glass of wine. Each of us tried a different starter and all were rave-worthy. The main dishes were all excellent as well. The mullet was perfectly cooked and so was the lamb. Even the side dish of buttery broccolini was memorable.

But even more amazing was the view. You get this sweeping view of the vineyard and the valley beyond, and when you turn around you see the beautifully built restaurant and wine cellar. The wine cellar was reminiscent of the shire only with human-sized doorways.

Definitely a must see if you're ever in Melbourne. Hands down the best food I ate in my short trip to Melbourne. (I ate at a 2-hat restaurant a few days before but this was better.)

Thank your for your generous comments! I have passed them on to the chef and his team. Hope to see you back soon,

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Very good place, fantastic view, quality wine, tasty menu. We like Barbara red wine and bored cheese yummy. Highly recommended

Thank you for your feedback- glad you enjoyed your visit!