“Amazing!!”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We were staying locally for the weekend to celebrate a special birthday. Ages ranged from 70 to 4! We all had a starter and main. The food was amazing, couldn’t fault any of it! Portions were large and presentation was top class. Staff were helpful and friendly. Can’t wait to go back!

3  Thank rach21536

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I visited on bank holiday Sunday with my parents and other half for a Sunday lunch. We booked in advance which was a good job as it was fairly busy!

All of the staff were really friendly and helpful, particularly the male waiter who served us who was very smiley. The service was quick even though it was busy.

We all had the Sunday lunch. There was a choice of beef, poussin and lamb leg. Three of us had lamb and my Mum had beef. The food was very well presented and was tasty. Portion sizes were good too. The food could maybe have been a bit hotter though.

We all had desserts which were pretty good. Me and my other half had the ferrero rocher cheesecake which was one of the best cheesecakes we’ve had, and a huge portion! My dad had baileys creme brûlée which came with two massive shortbread biscuits, which he enjoyed. My Mum had the crumble which she said was good but the topping was a little burnt in places.

The bill was £82 for four lunches, four desserts and a round of drinks which I thought was good value. Overall we were pleased with our meal and would come back again for Sunday lunch.

3  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Our family were staying just outside of Menai bridge to celebrate our mums 70th Birthday and we wanted a lovely meal in comfortable surroundings as we had a 4 year old with us so didn’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable and I couldn’t of asked for a better place. As soon as we walked through the door we were made to feel welcome, I had reserved a table but as it was a little dark they provided us with a new table. Food presentation and taste were amazing so much more than we were expecting from a small pub.
I would recommend this pub to anyone and when we’re back in the area we will visit again.

5  Thank Claire J
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Always a pleasure to visit here. Decent beer & wines. On this occasion no food sampled as this was a post-prandial visit after dining in one if the other eateries in town.

2  Thank northwalesnaturist
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Five of us managed to book a table on a busy Bank Holiday weekend with help from Sam. The food was great, really good selection and some mains are offered at a smaller size also which is great as I like a starter but then can't mange a full main dish after.
Good selection of drinks and Sam even managed to rustle up a cocktail for one of us although it wasn't on the menu. Lovely friendly bar staff and happy faces all round, we even managed a few games of pool afterwards!
Nice traditional pub with separate rooms and what looked like a lovely beer garden, the sort of pub that is hard to find these days, well worth a visit for drinks or a meal.
Keep up the good work Team and Thank You Sam!

2  Thank Littlefoxyredhead