All reviews breakfast buffet close to the airport business trip flat screen oatmeal memphis area front desk clerk beale st mahogany downtown upgrades shuttle graceland
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Our experience with CP was surprisingly below average. We had dingy, dated but moderately clean rooms. The hallway carpets and wallpaper had seen better days. The only saving grace was the helpful staff. Can't comment on the breakfast- didn't make it that far.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Jackson P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean and comfortable place to stay. I am glad to hear the room cleanliness and our helpful staff exceeded your expectations. However, I regret we were not able to provide you with the accommodations you expect due to overall condition of the room and hotel amenities. Your comments about the property's condition will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity to demonstrate to you our standards for exemplary service and quality accommodations.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 July 2016

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a business trip. The hotel is undergoing a huge renovation, but you don't hear the typical construction noise. The staff at the hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the free breakfast. Nothing like a hearty breakfast (eggs, bacon, pancakes, fruit, potatoes, orange juice, milk and coffee) to start the day off.

1  Thank CharlieW1743
Kimberly R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Charlie W,

Thank you for your rating and review about your stay. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I recently had reason to stay here while in the area for business. I have always been a fan of IHG and Crowne Plaza as you typically get no surprises. This location is dated but under renewal. The lobby is reminiscent of the 80s and all the decor is still there but the place is clean and well staffed with friendly helpful people. The surrounding neighborhood is kind of lousy but if you have car you can get to everything. I give it 3 stars for business and 2 stars for leisure given the need to have a car. Once renovated, it should improve that much more but the neighborhood needs longer for its reno. The value delivered for a full service hotel is good though.

1  Thank CD R

CD R,

Thank you for your review. Yes, we are in the middle of a complete renovation. If your travels bring you back to Memphis later this year please come and stay with us so you will see all of the changes we've made first hand.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I was only here for one night on business. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable and all in all it was very nice. They were doing some renovations at the time I stayed, but that didn't interfere with anything. I do think that the renovations would help. The hallway on my floor was very hot, but my room was cool and comfy and I had a nice stay. The price is very reasonable as well. It's kind of off the beaten path, but they do have a shuttle and there is always a cab or uber to get around.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Kimberly R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Greetings Northtrav460,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Memphis again and you can visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I had read previous reviews but was willing to give the Plaza a try. Upon arrival a distinct unpleasant odor was present. The outdated furnishings in lobby would later prove to be the standard throughout the establishment. I was given a king size bed which slept two comfortably. Television service was poor as the TV provided no guide channel. In we experienced a lost of signal the last night of our stay. The free Internet service signal was limited to certain areas of the hotel. I was informed that the hotel was in the process of renovation and was directed to an artist rendition of the purposef improvements. This was fairly evident by certain areas being use to house upgrade items. The indoor pool was under repair and not available. Not all floors had a working ice machine. There was limited handicap parking. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and adequate. The hotel also provided a short menu of food made at the bar. During this stay the hotel had a men's organization present. While most were pleasant there was a certain segment that were loud, rude and overall obnoxious. I was later informed that members of this party may have been asked to leave due to their behavior. I found the staff to be overall generally friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: Inquiry about groups/organization staying while you are there.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kimberly R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Dan G,

Thank you for taking time to provide your open and honest feedback from your previous stay. Please allow me to extend my apologies for the condition of certain areas of the hotel. I can assure you that entire hotel is in the process of renovation. Unfortunately, the lobby area has yet to meet that phase of the project. If your travels bring you back to Memphis later this year please feel free to reach out to us. I would love for you to see all of the changes we've made.