Hotels.com
US$185
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
River Inn of Harbor Town(Memphis)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungebusiness hotelgeneral managerfront desk staffbusiness tripnice hotelroom servicetwo double bedsrooms were very cleanhot tuba great staycommon areaslate at nightparking lotwafflestiffanylobby
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Spent Saturday - Tuesday here a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. The location, although a little tricky to get into and out of, is perfect for getting to other parts of the city without trouble. I haven't stayed at this location before but will definitely return on future trips. The staff was Marriott perfect. Wasn't impressed by the restaurant but it's always to good to have the option available. If you go down for brunch, just know that a waffle and omelet are part of the premium buffet. I wasn't told on my first breakfast. Fitness room was larger than expected so I got in great workouts (if you're into that sort of thing).

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the east side. West facing rooms face the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel has a great location, within the heart of all the great restaurants, nearby the airport and major buisness - FedEx. Very clean, updated, loyalty lounge, workout facility and equal bar that's open to 12:00am. I've traveled Memphis and found this to be the best option for Marriott loyalty members.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Flyby0161
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel because we wanted to be close to downtown and Graceland. We were given a corner king room with a great view. Our room was top of the line, loved the cleanness and comfort of the room. The staff was very nice and polite, there was a gentlemen that gave us great recommendations. The buffet breakfast is very reasonable and the service was excellent!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I can in Monday frazzled. Tiffany in the lobby restaurant/lounge took the time to chat a little, provide great service, and generally get me into a good mood. I had dinner a the Marriott 3 out of the 4 nights just because of her personal attention. Thanks Tiffany!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Sat in the bar area tonight to have dinner, and a couple of beers after a long day visiting a local client. Just walked up to the bar to close my dinner tab, so I could head up to my room. Two guys (guests) were sitting at the bar chatting about silly sporting games they would play in high school. The Summer Olympics were on the TVs in the bar area.

The Bartender interjects into their conversation, 3 times, laughing and joking that in high school, he used to play "smear the queer". Apparently, this was some sort of game where you throw a ball in the air, and then clearly something unpleasant happens to someone, since this is clearly derogatory. All 3 guys have a laugh, and then joke about how "politically correct" we have become.

I'm gay. And I'm pretty sure this was not directed at me, since I had just walked up to close my tab. But can you imagine how I felt in this moment? I had already written my tip amount on the check.

Inappropriate, and discriminatory, yes. And not something that I would expect a staff member working in the services industry to be instigating, or participating in with guests. General Manager, I am awaiting your response.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Barry K, General Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Hi Douglas O,

I appreciate you emailing me directly last week, allowing me to call you in person to discuss this. The information you shared allowed us to appropriately discuss this with the teammate who was working that evening, and for us as a team to remind all of our associates about our commitment to providing world-class service!

Thanks again,