1,087 results
All reviews port wine turn down service boutique hotel terrace bar paulette's restaurant four poster bed truffle complimentary glass of wine gourmet breakfast mud island view of the river mighty mississippi romantic getaway little touches the penthouse each evening small hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I have never been to the Harbor Town area of Mudd Island before and when I got there I drove right by the Hotel without realizing it because it blends in with the Condos that are part of the area. Upon check-in you get Champagne or wine. What a Welcome! The Hotel is classy with a grand piano in the lobby area, that was being played later on that night! The room was great with a very comfortable bed and a view of the Mississippi River. Since this is an older hotel (but maintained extremely well!!) you actually have windows that open. Their are 3 restaurants as part of the hotel. The rooftop terrace which has small plates and great drinks gives you a great view of the Mississippi. There is what I would describe as a normal chain type restaurant on one side of the ground floor and an upscale restaurant on the other side (Hotel is actually on both sides of the street). Food for dinner and breakfast was great at the upscale restaurant (Paulette's). There is an actual turn-down service with chocolate truffles and some port. I never heard a peep inside the room so I had a peaceful sleep. Finally, at 6 am in the sitting area of each floor of the hotel fresh coffee is brought up. I can't say enough about the stay here. I will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 22 July 2017

This is the best small inn we have ever stayed in. The staff was very attentive. They welcomed us with a glass of wine at check-in. The room was very nice. Our TV did not work and the staff quickly moved us to another room -- upgraded to a river view. Beautiful. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. At turn-down, we were given an excellent Port and Chocolate truffle candy.

We were in an separate building from the main building but it was only across a small alleyway. The River Inn offers dining in two restaurants. We dined at the Terrace which has a terrific view of the Mississippi River. The Complimentary breakfast was also exceptional. We had table service and ordered from a limited menu.

The location is also exceptional. If it had not been so hot, we would have strolled in the adjacent park along the river. Our only surprise was the add-on charges to the bill at check out. Before you book get a run down of the additional charges, they add up. With that little issue, our stay at River Inn was an unexpected joy. We will return in the Spring or the Fall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel and the staff are amazing. Enjoyed beautiful lobby, friendly staff, our room with its queen size four poster bed, red walls and antique looking furniture was very comfortable. The instant hot water and powerful shower was the perfect touch, and to finish off the night, port and chocolate was waiting in the room.. yum!!! Looked forward to that every night. Excellent location, evening walks along the river.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017

To start off I arrived hours before my scheduled check in. The hotel did a wonderful job getting me in early. The room was beautiful; I had a view looking out at the Mississippi River. From the food, front desk staff, and wait staff outstanding. I enjoyed my stay. I travel between 7-10 times a year and my stay at River Inn have change the way I look at hotels. I will be making reservations at more of the Preferred Hotels. Thank you for a wonderful experience. This is my new go to hotel when I travel to Memphis.

Room tip: Room 205 great view of the Mississippi River.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
karlfriedrich1, General Manager at River Inn of Harbor Town, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for your review and kind words. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We traveled to Memphis for the first time in several years and selected the River Inn of Harbor Town from an internet search for our two-night stay. What a wonderful find! This lovely boutique hotel is in a cozy setting on the bank of the Mississippi River. The Greenbelt Park is directly across the street and offers walking paths and beautiful views. Downtown and all the other attractions of Memphis are easily accessible from this quiet island that feels like a resort. The hotel offers southern warmth and hospitality; every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. Free parking spaces surround the entrance. Breakfast at Paulette's restaurant was delicious. There is also a rooftop Terrace bar with views of the river at sunset and Tug's casual grill. The rooms, surrounding a library on each floor with hot coffee each morning, are furnished with elegant poster beds with luxury linens and feature complimentary port and chocolates with the evening turn-down service. As an added perk, the shower is the best we've found anywhere! The River Inn of Harbor Town will definitely bring us back to Memphis!

Room tip: Rooms on the front offer beautiful views of the Mississippi River and Greenbelt Park.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple